hello.

Introduce yourself here....
babagabble
forum buddy
forum buddy

hello.

Post by babagabble »

greetings all,

college student, broke, busy, and drunk.

interests: internet go, cryptography, cars, artificial intelligence/machine learning, linux, music

skills: assembly (!AT&T syntax, no can do), C/C++, anything web, perl, lisp, win32 master, electrical engineering, etc.

basically, i like low-level/microcosmic software work and real-world nuts and bolts.

let's talk.

Broken Angel
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: hello.

Post by Broken Angel »

good to have u here mate... read the Forum Rules before posting and have a nice time in here... Njoy...!

Regards,
Broken Angel.
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

Surely

Post by Surely »

Greetings.

What kind of things have you done in all those fields? Specifically Lisp and electrical engineering sound interesting to me.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

welcome to suck-o! :)

and yeah, electrical engineering also sounds interesting to me....I've was building tube amplifiers for a while, our staff member floodhound is into robotics...so we definitely can share some knowledge I think... :D

babagabble
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by babagabble »

my major is computer engineering and i have fork to computer science or electrical engineering for my masters, leaning towards electrical engineering. the bulk of my know how is from breadboarding and robotics in high school. lots of microcontroller stuff, control systems, the kinda stuff where efficiency really matters. most of it was based on PICs and programmed in C, and the brain was ARM. there was a lisp interpreter for the main controller (a lot of pre-compiling) but there was a lot of material out there for machine learning in lisp and the purity of lisp really worked out well for keeping stuff that was kind of over my head clear and structured. i also got to play with actuators, pneumatics and all sorts of sensors. most of the vision algorithms used for the cameras had to be written (sometimes adapted/ported) in lisp as well

i'm also a go fanatic, i'd imagine some people here would or do appreciate go

i'll have to give floodhound a shout, thanks for the tip