safety first!

Show off with your scars! ^^
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

safety first!

Post by bad_brain »

when riding really fast it's good to have a signal device (like a bell) on the bike!
this gentleman overdone it maybe a bit:

[youtube][/youtube]

:lol:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Re: safety first!

Post by DNR »

That would scare every living creature from the woods lol!

The 'real' truck horns are made of a small compressor and the horn, I bet a real system could be feasibly attached to a mtn bike. i would mount it facing REARward - blast people trying to over take me!

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

DNR wrote: i would mount it facing REARward - blast people trying to over take me!

DNR
LOL, nothing says, "get off my ass" like an airhorn at close range :lol:
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

lonewolf
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by lonewolf »

Sorry, I have to pipe in

"real" trucks along with freight trains have air compressors attached to the engine and air tanks mounted to the frame. Semi's pipe off of the brake system to operate the horn same as a train. if you purchase a set of air horns you will get two air horns and mounting brackets. if you purchase the kit you will get horns, an air valve and about 30 feet of plastic tubing along with about a half dozen fittings. Now if you are in a truck stop and you have a truck that has hydraulic brakes you will need to purchase a kit that has a 12v air compressor and a storage tank in order to make the horns work. I spent the last 25 years working on heavy equipment and have replaced many air horns. I also installed freight train horns on an over the road truck. Unfortunately one of the people in the shop loved to hang on the cord in the shop every time he passed the truck. Train horns are loud in the open even worse in an enclosed building.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

hey correct on the air system for a semi truck.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.