My ride yesterday ~ Beacon Hill

Show off with your scars! ^^
floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

My ride yesterday ~ Beacon Hill

Post by floodhound2 »

Yesterday I went on a bike ride up Beacon Hill here in Spokane WA. It’s a small hill but has many Mt. Bike trails to test any skill level.

I went down the single track side - a narrow 3 mile drop that starts out with step turns and medium rock piles that you can either avoid or jump. The track quickly changes as you descend done the face of the mountain. Trees become more of an obstacle and the turns are sharper filled with deep crevasse. I like using them, leaning into the turn to keep as much velocity as possible.

In one of the pictures it shows that I almost hit 30 mph. This may not seem fast and I have gone a bit faster, but on this track its mind blowing. Literally it is so bumpy and shaky at this velocity that your eyes become blurred, the forearms burn as you hang on avoiding trees and ruts. Steering is a fight!

Front brakes and 2.5' tires fat as you can get these days.

some dude that jumped a rock pile

My custom bike

This seat is a hard ass - lol it hurts!

My instrument cluster. :wink:

Another look at the lower part of the hill - not single track though.
Image :wink:

I wish I could take BB and DNR up some of my trails. Some day hey?
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I wish I could take BB and DNR up some of my trails. Some day hey?
definitely man... :D

my record with my new bike is 31mph (49.9km/h) yet, so I know such a speed is no picknick....I was driving down a farm track and suddenly I noticed a huge and deep pothole ahead, it was too late to hit the breaks so I was lifted into the air when running through it and made a nice jump...what an awesome adrenaline rush I had afterwards... :lol:

nice bike you have man, the tires are really fat, I have just 2.2 ones... 8O
what breaks do you have btw (like Avid, Magura,etc.)?

I'll post some new pics of my bike soon again, got a nice white Ritchey World Cup Series handlebar now... :D

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

I cant remember the name of the brakes at the moment. I did put them on myself last year so I should remember this, all I know is that they are not hydraulic and work quite well.

Last night after work I went up the hill again and this time I noticed that my tires were taking a lot of the hits. I am glad I got these fat tires.

My pedals got me in the shin as well. I should post the bloody picture ^^
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Floodie, losing power while outside - so short note-

Nice post! *thumb*

perhaps the brake pads are Kool Stops?
Nice bike, need to look closer next time.

so far I got you guys beat - 54 mph on a downhill at Stoney Creek - only a Troy Lee helmet - no shirt, no body armor! 8O
I practically flew down hill...

Its great to know guys that understand why big rocks are called tombstones...

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

floodhound2 wrote:My pedals got me in the shin as well. I should post the bloody picture ^^
hehe, yeah, I've seen you use platform pedals too...just a question of time until they say "hello!" to my shinbones I guess... :?

DNR, the Kool Stop brake pads really rock, I have Avid Jucy 3 brakes and the front one (185mm disc) was horribly loud, really silent now with the Kool Stop ones... :D

here are some nice photo albums:
broken hardware:
http://fotos.mtb-news.de/sets/view/23
broken drivers:
http://fotos.mtb-news.de/sets/view/1974
:lol: