Bugs

Show off with your scars! ^^
JohnB
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Bugs

Post by JohnB »

It's a warm summers day, the wind is in your hair you feel great. Then you get home and you are covered in bugs. Is there anything you can do to stop them hitting you? Would anti-bug spray work?
Sprich mit mir!

leetnigga

Re: Bugs

Post by leetnigga »

JohnB wrote:Would anti-bug spray work?
Yes, that will build up an invisible wall around you that bugs cannot penetrate. Instead of flying into you, they will be cast off as they hit the wall.

Seriously, how do you think that stuff works?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

when camping or simply hanging around in the green me and my buddies use "Autan":
http://www.autan.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
works pretty good, of course it's not keeping 100% of insects away, but the most annoying ones....in our area we have loads of ticks that can infect you with wicked diseases like TBE or Lyme disease (had that one when I was in the army), so repellents are a must.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

well, at the speeds and the perlious trails I ride, I wear a helmet. Then I got Oakleys for the branches that whip your face and those bugs. I hate inhaling them.

I also recommend a "DEET" bug repellant - for lyme disease ticks, misquitos, etc. This might help keep them away from you, but then again at the speeds you might be travelling, you will arrive at the bug before they smell your repellant.

I suggest tying leetnigga to the front of your bike, a bugcatcher of sorts, disposable, leave it out on the trail when you are done.

-DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

oh, another good idea might be to wear your hair really short... :lol:
I usually have it pretty short already, but in summer I cut it down to 2mm on the sides and 5mm on the top....also better when wearing a helmet, because you have a better airflow and cooling effect then.