Growing Marijuana by DNR

Hobbies that have no own category (yet).
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Growing Marijuana by DNR

Post by DNR »

Yep - its a hobby, and a money making j-o-b.
all photos by DNR

Thanks to laws that make marijuana legal for medical use, I have a new career as a 'caregiver'. I supply ounces of high grade marijuana for $250, or higher.

Here is the How-to Guide by DNR, for setting up a grow room! Fuck High Times magazine, you can read it here!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obviously you have to start somewhere, pick a room. You want a room, vs a closet as you have more air space to cool. Also marijuana plants grow big and fast! Be sure to ensure you have power outlets, floor drain if possible, and a plan to vent air. In this case, the attic is on the other side of this wall..

You want to line the room with plastic, humidity will be one reason, bugs, mold, fungus, is another reason. The 'tent' you built into the room will be a 'clean-air' environment, the next photos show the 'tent' built with framing, and the hepa filter installed to the tent. The 'tent' is only taking up part of the room.. The tent is 6 mil plastic, a 10'x25' roll of plastic will make a 8foot by 6 foot tent. You cover the floor, for water leaks and cover the carpeting.

you want your intake air to be free from bugs, mold, fungus - and cats..

You can see the 'tent' is not the full size of the room, its away from the window, and allows access to the attic stairway. The black plastic also prevents light leakage out the windows from tipping off the cops or neighbors.

The room is getting equipped... check out htgsupply.com :wink:

Lights, fans, mylar, I used silk tape, its a medical grade duct tape..

The light can generate 450 degrees @ 95,000 lumens, without a direct vent out of the room, it caused the 'tent' temperature to be 7 degrees higher than ambient temp, by hooking it directly to the 8" inline fan, now it is only .5 degree warmer than ambient temp!

The air from the tent, and lights is vented up to the attic, smell is also vented up to the attic. For now, a bucket of deorderizor will be fine. Later, a carbon filter would be attached to this vent..
Image Later I will get a carbon filter to filter the 'green' smell from the plants.

The Easy Cool 8 reflector from the light and its ductwork. I used a 8" elbow, slide it in. Then semi-rigid ducting, through a 8" to 6" reducer to keep air flow pressure up. The 8" inline fan pulls 590cfm, enough to clear the room in minutes, but I have a fan speed controller to slow it down..

The Electronic Ballast (lumatek 600watt) is mounted on the wall, and the can fan is pointed at it to keep it running cooler. It has a switch for 50% 75% 100% and 110% lumen power. A 600watt runs about 60,000 to 95,000 lumens, plants need 10,000 lumens.

Temp and humdity have to be monitored, the fans run while the lights are on, and until an hour after. temp and humidity are staying around 70s and 50%. Later I will get a AIR-2 controller to monitor temp and humidity for me. More time to smoke, less time babysitting plants. :lol:

of course being a geek I use probes on the plants to monitor temp too
I should get a lumens meter soon, the Ph is not needed, and stuff like moisture readers are shit.

Air-cooled lights are the way to go, under normal - non-air-cooled lights the plants have to be 2 feet away or they will burn, here, they can get inches away! I plan to get one more of these lights, for a bigger footprint - so I can spread out the plants under the lights. Right now, I would be lucky to have about 6 flowering plants, and a bunch of clones on the floor.

Plants grow fast under the best conditions, watch some of these pictures and you can see the plants grew almost 12 inches in three weeks. Note, the strong arms, these are the flowering points for the 'buds'.

april 23rd

May 1st.

May 9th.. the red circle is to identify the plant for you
today ..
The red circle shows the leaf that identifies the plant, this was an abused clone that came back well. It is a Big Bud Plant.

I have about 12 strains, AK47, D.cheese, Big Bud, Wonder Haze, Hindu Kush, RX, Strawberry Cough, Hash Plant, Alaskan Ice, Apollo 11, Bubble Gum, C99+Grapefruit.. to name a few. Each plant is different, you have not tried marijuana until you have tried the more potent, medical grade stuff, and you can feel the differences. Of course I prefer the Up heady Highs of Sativas, the Apollo 11 and Wonder Haze..

Now I got about 9 weeks to harvest, so stay tuned.. 8)

DNR
Last edited by DNR on 20 May 2010, 10:07, edited 2 times in total.
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

This thread is SO full of awesome. Nice one, DNR *thumb*
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

hey, it proves that hackers can hack anything they put their mind to.

Just like computer hacking, I went and checked out other people's systems, researched, studied, asked newbie questions, and then - did my own hands-on.

I know its not computers, but its about being flexible and adapting to change - quickly and effectively.

Oh yea, it smokes good too lol!

I also make tinctures, cookies, brownies, capsules...
All for medical use, stop taking pills - try something else..

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

crashacid
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by crashacid »

awsome!!so you were busy doing those stuff :o
Hatred fuels knowledge

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

DNR, why didnt u buy a seethrough party tent? :P

also question, im no biologist but wouldnt purified air accelerate the growth of the plants?
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

nice setup! good one DNR!

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

:D
ok newbies gather around..

1. the tent also has to be able to 'black out' when you convert the plants from 18hours of light to 12 hours of light, you must have ABSOLUTE darkness. Or you stress the plant.

2. Air, - did you know the plants need air through its roots?! So the right dirt mixture is needed, I am using perlite, vermiculite, pine mulch, soil - very light stuff. You want to have the soil drain water and air out. Never water the plants before lights out, you'll suffocate the plant. The plants use air, purified or whatnot - it needs more CO2 than oxygen. If it is left in an air tight room, like 6x6foot - it will use up all the CO2 in the room in an hour or so, and plant growth will stop. You do need fresh air - fresh air carries CO2 as well as oxygen. The hepa filter on the tent will 'purify' the air from mold or fungus spores, bugs, and even carpet fibers. You can add more CO2 to the room, to enhance growth, those systems are about $300 to start and $600 with all the controls.

Air 102 - too much humidity - you get mold. Too little, you get bugs. The range you want to be in is about 40% to 60% humidity.

I am also using nutrients, I feed it molasses for energy, minerals, plant food,and clean water. Nutrients boost your results, you try to play and adjust for the maximum amount of nutes, without burning the plant, then you water it with nothing but water for the last few weeks before harvest. They get watered every two days, they drink alot! Those are five gallon buckets, the medium is a half of a 3 gallon, and the cups are holding clones waiting to root. Root temp should be 10 degrees warmer than the air temp, thats that black thing you see in the photos - a heating pad.

Clones are the fastest way to grow, seeds take about 3 months longer, and you might still have weak plants or males. The clones are from a strong, plant, a known female. A clone has the same properties as that mature 3 month old plant - at 3 weeks. That means it has vitality, potentcy, and it will pretty much be a carbon copy of the 'mother'.

I learned alot about light bulbs, you can't just use any light bulb.
Plants only use or need certain parts of the light wavelength - this is called PAR - Photosynthetically Active Radiation. If you get the bulbs in the specific colors, your plants will grow like monsters. I use a Metal Halide conversion bulb, about 6500 Kelvin. Then I use a High Pressure Sodium Bulb, about 3000Kelvin, for simulating the flowering hormones.

That grow room above, you can setup for about $900. Clones and plants were free cuz I am very popular in the area...

DNR
-

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

DNR, possible for you to write this in a document so that I can make it in to a nice structured PDF for every 1?
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

sheeeit, sounds like work... maybe wait til the end of the project - then I'll be motivated..

DNR
-

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

This is a sweet set up you got there buddy. Its nearly 4am but i will be back to check this thread more carefully later today.

Excellent
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

skip

Post by skip »

Sweet! homegrown/ nicely done! :D

I never thought DNR was a greenthumb.
Image Image Image

weewillywinky

Post by weewillywinky »

you did mighty fine..! :D

hpprinter100

Post by hpprinter100 »

DNR would be awsome if u could make some weed oil that is the right consistancy to smoke in electice cigarettes. Then u could smoke weed in public without anyone knowing hehe 8)

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

HPP - what you talk of is an acceptable idea. It is called vaporizing. Doctors will accept medical use of marijuana - if patients avoid smoking it.
Eating, cooking, capsules, tinctures - and vaporizing is accepted by the AMA, American Medical Association.

Later this summer I was going to work with another person, who has used the Butane extraction method of making hash oil. The finest grade of hash oil is called 'bubble hash'. It bubbles when heated, and leaves little or no residue. The butane extraction is just 'washing' the trichromes off the 'buds'. The trichromes are the glands that hold THC, the sparkly shit you see on the harvested plant. Butane, evaporates, leaving behind the oily wash in a glass dish. I was also going to try this with Ether - as I have worked with Ether before :twisted: Others have uses acetone - but I disagree on its solvent residue.

So, back to the topic - The electric cigs - Michigan is now one of the states that ban the smoking of tobacco in a lot of public places, so these things will become common. The electric cig is just a mini vaporizer. If you want a more heavy duty minivape - you should get a IOLite - a $189 device that does not need refills, just pack and go. Vaporizing is kind of cool - as you can smoke some dank buds - and it won't stink up the place! Smoke it in your office, smoke it in the server room, smoke it outside Obama's office - it don't stink like weed.

It will work. The only issue that has to be examined - is THC is oil-based - while nicotine is waterbased. The oil based nature of THC/CBN might clog up the electronic cigs, hence the use for a heavy duty IOLite.

Hash might be idea for those electronic cigs, I can make that too - Ice-o-lator bags :wink:

As far as green thumb and such, this is just an example of putting your mind to anything you want. The same principle of learning networks and computers, applied here - as a matter of fact, I found the underground marijuana growers to be pretty smart, hacking what they do.

DNR
-

JuggaloMushroom

Post by JuggaloMushroom »

I thought I'd squeeze this in here, when to harvest the bud
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_r0_2ohTjk