CSS internet explorer computability issue

All about creating websites!
l0ngb1t
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

CSS internet explorer computability issue

Post by l0ngb1t »

i did a small page with html and CSS it display just like i need it with FF and Chrome... but when i open it with IE, a small part where i changed the font and font size display with the default size... the Code below are the CSS concerning that part, how can i edit it so to display as it should with IE ? the text in the p1 and p2 tags are being displaying only with color changed and the font style, the custom font size is not applicable, only in IE (hate that browser ](*,) )

Code: Select all

@font-face{
	font-family:space age;
	src:url("../space age.ttf");
	}
      #logo {
        font-family: space age;
        font-weight: normal;
        color: #fbac3b;
        position: relative; 
        overflow: hidden; 
        min-height: 109px;
		max-height: 109px;
        margin-bottom: 0;

}

#logo p1{
			font-size: 90px;
	  }
	  #logo p2{
			font-size: 20px;
			}
There is an UNEQUAL amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly. "The Jester"

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Re: CSS internet explorer computability issue

Post by maboroshi »

Hey there
Set Font Size With Em

To avoid the resizing problem with Internet Explorer, many developers use em instead of pixels.

The em size unit is recommended by the W3C.

1em is equal to the current font size. The default text size in browsers is 16px. So, the default size of 1em is 16px.

The size can be calculated from pixels to em using this formula: pixels/16=em
Reference http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_font.asp

Hope that helps

*cheers

maboroshi

l0ngb1t

Post by l0ngb1t »

Thank you :D
it fixed my problem, but i discovered that i have an issue with class inheritance if that what they call it in CSS :P anw for the lack of time i replaced the text by a pic with a transparent background, since it's a logo
There is an UNEQUAL amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly. "The Jester"

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

w3schools is an alright source, but meh it has issues

anyways, what you should do is use the tools browsers have to edit the CSS on the page to see how it makes changes, IE has a developer tool which lets you change the browser mode to those of previous versions, which is really handy.

not to mention, @font-face needs different file types to work across multiple browsers - lookup fontsquirrel and check out the @font-face generator there.