Domain transfer help needed

All about creating websites!
z3r0aCc3Ss
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Domain transfer help needed

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

I have my own hosting at JustHost. My friend has registered 6 domains at GoDaddy, but he has not opted for hosting. So, just domains exist, not hosting.

Now, I want to transfer all those domains to my host. But JustHost is asking for a $15 fee per domain. He do not want to pay extra as he has already bought the domains from GoDaddy. What should I do now?

The problem now is, he is not a technical person. He's from media. And he wants to make one of his websites media related. How should we start hosting? I do not want to go for GoDaddy for hosting.

I have read somewhere to change DNS of GoDaddy with JustHosts' DNS.

Please help.
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Domain transfer help needed

Post by bad_brain »

you don't have to transfer the domain to host the site elsewhere. ;)

1. log in to the godaddy account, click on the button where it says "Hi <username>!", go to "visit my account".
2. from there "launch" on the "domains" tab.
3. click on the domain
4. "DNS Zone File" tab, click "edit"

from there you can adjust everything, in most cases you just need to adjust the @ entry and set the new IP there. in case the new host is not providing an A-Record (server IP of where the site will be hosted) but tells you to use to their nameservers instead 1, 2 and 3 are the same, instead of 4:

- "Settings" tab, click "manage nameservers"
- pick "custom nameservers" and follow the procedure to enter the new DNS records

:wink:

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

bad_brain wrote:you don't have to transfer the domain to host the site elsewhere. ;)

1. log in to the godaddy account, click on the button where it says "Hi <username>!", go to "visit my account".
2. from there "launch" on the "domains" tab.
3. click on the domain
4. "DNS Zone File" tab, click "edit"

from there you can adjust everything, in most cases you just need to adjust the @ entry and set the new IP there. in case the new host is not providing an A-Record (server IP of where the site will be hosted) but tells you to use to their nameservers instead 1, 2 and 3 are the same, instead of 4:

- "Settings" tab, click "manage nameservers"
- pick "custom nameservers" and follow the procedure to enter the new DNS records

:wink:
Yea bb... Thank you... :D
Worked perfectly. Just did it for one domain. Will do it for all the domains now.
Any drawbacks of this?
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

nope, it's actually common practice, I would say the most domains are not hosted at the same spot where they are registered.... :wink: