Puting my site up?

All about creating websites!
F4LSE
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Puting my site up?

Post by F4LSE »

Im just about finished creating a website i made with Dreamweaver 8. it looks nice and im satisfied with it......... now i need to learn the whole part of u know......... hositng it and puting it up on the web. So anyone with any opinions or recomendations to puting my site on the web please reply.
many thanx, /

bubzuru
.net coder
.net coder

Post by bubzuru »

just to test it out and put it on the web try
www.ripway.com just upload all your files and your done :D

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, first you have to decide what you want:

- using a free host
like it says, it's free....but that's already the only plus, the negative sides are no own domain (forget search engines), most likely limited availability because of the very limited included traffic, bad or no PHP/MySQL support...maybe even forced ads.

- professional host
well, this will cost some money (for the domain name and for the hosting, but many hosting packages already include a domain), but everything else is a lot better: own domain, own email addresses, better uptime, subdomains possible, full PHP/MySQL support, etc....all in all THIS is the option you should chose if you're serious about your own site and you are beyond the "just playing a little" phase.

F4LSE

Post by F4LSE »

thanx man much appriciated. ill probably look into the professional hosting because its a site for my french club and our trip to france. itll be easier for the "elderly" to find the site that shows what their grand kids did. thanx again
/

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

np... :wink:
when looking for a professional host DON'T sign up at one of those "sounds too good to be true" ones that make offers like 50 GB webspace and 2000 GB traffic for 5 bucks/month.....they totally suck. you have to share the server resources (RAM) with hundreds of others, and this leads to regular downtimes of your website especially when using mysql, also download/upload speed is usually VERY slow.

I also offer hosting btw, feel free to contact me for details... :wink: