Jigsaw/flash problem

All about creating websites!
Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Jigsaw/flash problem

Post by Swan »

Ok.....

Currently trying to create a jigsaw in Flash. heres the thing the coding is ok...what the REAL problem is, is my clumsiness. I am cutting shapes that are messy and Id really really like to be able to get the shapes neater and more like traditional jigsaw pieces.

I downloaded a program called Flash Jigsaw Producer the damn thing freezes every 2 secs. Not good. :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys....as I said got the coding but the graphic bit is really bugging me....

Ive tried messing around with the distortion and skewer options...and they bend the piece into great shapes! Only one problem. They don't fit the original shape..which then means we have a jigsaw that doesn't form a damn thing. Also just ad hocing with the lasso tool doesnt really work either, sure, we have outlines that match the jigsaw. But..given how random they become, it becomes very difficult if not nigh on impossible to
actually re assemble the jigsaw once again.

I suppose I could make it with simplistic shapes like circles and squares, but I was aiming a little higher...so as I said any help much appreciated

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

You could try

Post by maboroshi »

You could try snap to grids don't know if that will help but may

Code: Select all

view show grid then view snap to grid
or if you have flash 8 then (might be available on other versions)

Code: Select all

edit preferences drawing

good luck :D