my new site

All about creating websites!
computathug
Administrator
Administrator

my new site

Post by computathug »

K this is the new layout for my business.

Code: Select all

http://computathug.tripod.com/theformatstop/index.html
i have just finished it and not entered it to any search engines yet and im damn new to html and although im managing using builders and dream weaver and such, i am still struggling to code one on notepad yet thats worked fully once i have done it, ie getting some flash images to work, but all in all am not doing to bad, or so i myself think.

i would like any input that would make it more professional and also appealing to the business user as well as the home user. No i am not saying i am advanced enough to venture out to big companies myself but have managed to network a good set of friends who are available for different projects. Even b_b has helped me out once which also goes to say, just like the saying "knowledge is power", "its not what you know but who you know" can also come into reason.

Well as some of you know i work around 14 hrs a day and try help on here as well as learn my self which for the last few months since i came to suck-o have done nothing but and am getting more confident everyday with linux and as soon as i master html i will move on to sql and php. I am usually the type of person that learns the basics then moves on but with time being short and this being a big interest of mine since i was 13/14 years old, letting spectrum games fail to load, getting into the program and finding the randomize usr number and loading the game with out starting the tape again and thinking i had hacked it lol, so i am going to stick with it till i succeed.

any way im rambling on and ive got to go to work now at the butchers which i plan on doing a web site for in the near future which i know will be a challenge.

well cheers any way guys in advance for any input good or bad :wink:
Last edited by computathug on 26 Sep 2007, 12:04, edited 1 time in total.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I like the site so far, the layout is nice and clean.
but well, I am a <center>-guy, so I think it would look better when you place it in the middle.....also some mouseover effects for the links would be nice... :wink:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Good site : D i agree with b_b ^^ and imo the green text is pretty annoying for the eyes ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

also if u want some flash added give me a ring in the irc ill you will only need to suply me with a button of your choice :).
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

ok so i have tinkered and been trying different formats for a while now (well a couple of months) and im finnally getting places....slowly but surely. Reallly wish i had more time on my hands but then if i did id be complaining theres not enough work. Any way heres what ive been tampering with so i know some i am struggling with at the moment and you will be able to give me some tips hopefully.

http://computathug.tripod.com/theformatstop/index.html

http://www.freewebs.com/theformatstop/

http://theformatstop.freehyperspace.com/index.html
I am trying to build say 10 of these and admitedly im using templates and trying :oops: to edit them best i can. For the moment thems the first pages and now im going to do the forums on these 3 before i move onto any more. i know theres some things i need to do on a few of them thats why im here :wink: Once i have achieved this i am buying some domain names and want to publish to a paid host ...B_B :)

thanks nerd for the offer of the flash as soon as i know exactly what would go and where il pm ya, but im not really sure so any ideas would be greatly appreciated 8O

sternbildchen
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by sternbildchen »

Number 2 is the best one. Looks really good! (Expect the missing image)

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

thanks stern, where would you place an image and which image should i place there. I was going to leave that page without any images, and yeah i also think the 2nd looks more professional but i am tring to make a few but all with the same theme. cheers matey 8)

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

mmm tbh, put all of it within a table, and center it, this will make the site less stretchy.

as for flash. if u get more menu items in the future just let me know :).
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

sternbildchen

Post by sternbildchen »

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

n3rd wrote:mmm tbh, put all of it within a table, and center it, this will make the site less stretchy.

as for flash. if u get more menu items in the future just let me know :).
8O That's very non W3C conform... lol. Nah, instead, learn to code HTML and CSS by hand, and code everything yourself. Trust me when i say it makes your life a whole lot easier...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...