Web Proxy

All about creating websites!
FaoX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Web Proxy

Post by FaoX »

Hey guys I've used many proxy's and little tricks to get around blocks at school work, etc. What I really want tough is to set up my own proxy site. I tried using a free web proxy cgi and the php version but it never seem to be able to go get the page. Is there specific ports that I should forward? Special configuration other than installing php and cgi support? Or any software I should be running? Keep in mind my server is w2k, dont ask my main is xp/kubuntu but I have found 2k easier to reinstall when something fails ^_^.
Any help would be appreciated thanks.

FaoX

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

I imagine that you want to setup a proxy at home and use it from school?

Well let's say that you setup a regular proxy at home that is listening on port 8080, that means that you would have to open/forward port 8080 in your router/firewall to that computer, so that you can connect to that port from the outside.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

FaoX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by FaoX »

I figured that, and tried but to no avail, maybe its the server software im running, im using fastream IQ, anyone have a gnu/freeware favorite that I can be linked too?

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Well can't say that i have anything that i am using at the moment, but i did a google and found this

http://www.youngzsoft.net/ccproxy/

MIGHT be what you are looking for ^^ i haven't checked it very closely =)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"