500 dollar budget

All about creating websites!
mo2332
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

500 dollar budget

Post by mo2332 »

i wana create a graphic tornument system and a site to put it on and mabye charge money for it i got 500 dollars for this so any suggestions.

PopPooB

Post by PopPooB »

get a good hoster :D thats some advice
96% better then all connections global
Kiss My Ass Good Bye

mo2332

Post by mo2332 »

any sites?

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

I am not really sure what u want, so could u explain it a bit further?.

also ask BB to host your stuff... I heard hes cheap XD.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, for 500 bucks you can even rent a nice dedicated server for at least 1 year.... :lol: but I wouldn't recommend it if you're not really familiar with server administration...if the box gets rooted and used for spamming or attacks you would be the one who would be sued.. :?

if you want to rent some cheap, secure and reliable webspace let me know... :wink:

mo2332

Post by mo2332 »

i wana possibly makemoney here what my idea is s graphic site purely for torunement so say upay 5 bucks a month and you can use the torument system wich i need help making i want it to do: you enter the team names and what categories for each round and how many rounds and the systeam takes the votes and annocecs the standings of each round the when torument is over it annoces who won. and also ill put a fourm to disscus

sternbildchen

Post by sternbildchen »

I don't think that people will register if it costs 5$ if they can't win anything.

I would take 10% of the money for myself and use the rest for the price money or I would buy some kind of price that people want.

Or you could try to run the site for free at the start and then, when you got f.e. 1000 visitors a day, try to find some advertisers or sponsors.

mrmike

Post by mrmike »

sternbildchen wrote:I don't think that people will register if it costs 5$ if they can't win anything.

I would take 10% of the money for myself and use the rest for the price money or I would buy some kind of price that people want.

Or you could try to run the site for free at the start and then, when you got f.e. 1000 visitors a day, try to find some advertisers or sponsors.
yeah thats a great idea, i would do the same, make a good concept, a good site, host your site add some adds and make the site for free.. no one would register if there is no price,and they must pay!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/Vlady/48265b8wj96xhce.gif[/img]

mo2332

Post by mo2332 »

sternbildchen wrote:I don't think that people will register if it costs 5$ if they can't win anything.

iu said you could win stuff like that ig uess mabye idk

sternbildchen

Post by sternbildchen »

You could also use a big amount of the money for advertisment. F.e. payed reviews or textlink adds.

It's not as easy to get a page popular as most people expect.

I think I would go with the "free registration + advertisment, sponsors". A tournament site does not work if you just have 10 people that are registered.

mo2332

Post by mo2332 »

ok now ineed some help make the toruny system

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

mo2332 wrote:ok now ineed some help make the toruny system
I am not sure if you know how the real world works. As a general rule of thumb, most people do not assist with the creation of an item, being it tangible (ie. house) or non-tangible (ie. website) items; especially with the end being the means of generating funds for the person you are assisting, without some monetary reimbursement, at the very least. However, I do wish you luck with your en devour.

sternbildchen

Post by sternbildchen »

Just use some of the money to hire a professional designer. I think you could get a decent design for 200. Don't know what a php coder would cost.

mo2332

Post by mo2332 »

hmm mabye ill save 2gs for this

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

best see this as an opportunity to learn...learning by doing... :wink:
because imo it don't really make sense to spend money for a site when it's doubtful it'll work out as you want it to. do as much by yourself as you can, even if the result is not 100% "professional"...at least you learn a lot for the next project this way.... :wink: