How would I make a site similar to a site called xomba.com?

All about creating websites!
MZizzle2
forum buddy
forum buddy

How would I make a site similar to a site called xomba.com?

Post by MZizzle2 »

I want to try to make a site similar to xomba.com. Its a site where you write articles and then they get good rankings on google. On each article ads are placed and then everytime an ad is clicked the writer of the article gets 50% of the profit and the owner of the site gets 50%. How would I make a site like this.

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How would I make a site similar to a site called xomba.c

Post by Big-E »

MZizzle2 wrote:I want to try to make a site similar to xomba.com. Its a site where you write articles and then they get good rankings on google. On each article ads are placed and then everytime an ad is clicked the writer of the article gets 50% of the profit and the owner of the site gets 50%. How would I make a site like this.
Learn PHP/MySQL/APS/MSSQL or any other web scripting language. Really, it would probably take a lot of work, and unless you're willing - and able to contribute hard fought hours coding (after much experience), regardless I would not make an attempt thus far in your experience (assuming you have none, based on the question).

MZizzle2
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by MZizzle2 »

Well, I have no experience in coding, but my friend can code and has a pretty good amount of experience and we wanted to do this together. So what type of coding would I need.

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

It depends on what you prefer, you can go the non-microsoft way and use PHP/MySQL (or another alternative db) or you can use .NET/MSSQL. You will probably need to use some perl, javascript etc if you really want an interactive site.

MZizzle2
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by MZizzle2 »

ok thanks

mo2332
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by mo2332 »

Max This would be beyond worth it, xomba will beat us. also this will take up so much time and work.

MZizzle2
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by MZizzle2 »

I know grant, but there is no site that is like xomba and people like choices so if we have ours and they have there we will still get people. I know it will take a long ass time, but its worth it. The guys that made xomba is making so much money it's not even funny.

Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

you have to remember, that competition is crucial. The way the world operates for anything is that it is tough(er)to begins something and to succeed, especially with other bigger, better more established services and providers.

The trick is to offer a decent service which offers better value for money. better value for money doesnt just mean cheaper prices, though this is a big factor as well. Other things, such as technical support, layout of the site, accessibility, payment methods etc. are all important as well.

Bottom line is, any fool can make a website. But to stick with it, not give up after a week or so, and to persevere to better advance the site, thats the real test.