Securing copyrighted files

All about creating websites!
MusicOnlineCentre
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by MusicOnlineCentre »

Ah there we are! Not sure if its the extra piece in the code or whether it being put in the root folder has made it work, but it does... Well to some extend :? . It does block the access to the files via using a URL and it allows the flash on the site to access it which is great. Although when you try and access a file, it doesnt re-direct to the 'leech.html' file but simply displays a Forbidden page. But that doesnt really matter as it still blocks the file, although I wouldnt of minded making a page which warns the user they are trying to access restricted files and recording their I.P address :D ..

wink wink, nudge nudge : wink:
Thanks for all your help BB, you've made it possible for me to continue my site.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

np man... :wink:

MusicOnlineCentre
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by MusicOnlineCentre »

Ah sorry to break the ice again :? , but seems I still have a problem. It seems that, using IE, my music player loads fine and loads the songs fine. But I checked it out using firefox and although the player loads fine, the songs dont load. I have tried refreshing the firefox page, and also tried refreshing the IE page just incase on IE, it had them saved in cache, but I clicked on some songs that I hadnt listened to before it it took its time to load, meaning it still had access?

Could you BB and any others please just give the player a quick visit and click on a song to see if it loads. Also note some of the songs on there I havnt uploaded but the first three on the list should work :P Thanks.