www.hackdevilz.com

All about creating websites!
h4ck3rdot

www.hackdevilz.com

Post by h4ck3rdot »

I've just bought this site and i don't really know what to do with it...

make it into a forum? or tool downloads for hacking?

blog?? so many ideas but can't choose..

all lot?

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

not really advertising!

Post by computathug »

Really i would have thought you might have planned this out a little before purchasing a site. |There is quite a lot to consider and the first one is the law. Is it ok for such content to be allowed from your host, isp and even country. Next you need to decide what to base your site on....is it ethical or not. Who are your target audience and then you can start planning the pages and content anf format etc etc.

Good luck with your project and hope suck-o can help you on your way to freedom.

thugz :wink:

Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

Um...why are you asking us?

its your site, your webspace, your idea, your rules. What is your motivation? Do you want to make money? Develop web dev skills? Educate the world on a subject?

As thuggy noted, be careful as to the relevant legislation concerning web material. if you live in the UK (or are subject to UK law provisions) I can advise you further with this via PM.

Just some food for thought.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

I've moved this topic because you must have 20+ posts to post in the promotion forum & this is not a promotional topic, but more of a question about web development.

That aside, a website is initially created by you, so make the content of the website define you, then allow the people that become part of that website to add and change some of the content. That is what makes a website unique and interesting.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

I would practice on it. Uploading several web site styles, using various techniques and mostly have fun. This is until you decide what it is that you wish to keep the site up and running for.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, a forum is much work...first to populate it, then to keep it clean...
a download site is of course less work, but you'll need a lot of space...and it can be a pain in the rear to keep leechers away, especially if the site is on webspace and you don't have server access (not all hosts provide mod rewrite)...so if you have just a very limited traffic quota hosting files can be dangerous, a botnet once caused 2 TB traffic on the suck-o downloads (fixed now, of course 8) ).

so I would say go for a forum site, but not "forum only"...there are too many of them already, you will have it very hard to populate it, best provide some other stuff too like selected downloads...

if you are not that experienced yet you can either create a subsection as testfield for you, or you use the site itself as testfield (that's how suck-o started)....

:wink:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

I agree with Floodhound =)

Have some fun with it first...

And you don't have to make it so advanced at first... start with a simple presentation of yourself as a person, what you do, maybe some projects of yours....
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"