Game ideas?

All about creating websites!
Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Game ideas?

Post by Gogeta70 »

Ok, this is a project that i may actually finish, since i have a lot of time on my hands to do fucking nothing. I'm working on creating a unique multiplayer online text rpg. One of the main features is that the website works together with a virtual console (connect to the website on another port and log in to the virtual shell) which you can control your computer with. It also contains some features not available on the website (and likewise with the website and virtual shell.)

I've come up with a decent outline for the game, but before i have a template made, and start coding it, i would like your guy's ideas. Here's the outline:

Code: Select all

Scenario:

You are a hacker. You are connected to the internet, amongst many other hackers. You have the capabilities to purchase hardware updates, new software, better internet connections, pc peripherals, a car, a new computer, etc. You can sell most of the things that you have (run your own 'shop'). You have a place of residence, where people can stop and connect to your wlan, and attempt to hack your computer without internet speed limitations. You may have clans, but they are limited to [20] people. The benefits of having a clan are as follows: You may share software, and cash, communicate privately with a small message board. Possible other clan features as well.

Main features:

-Community board
-Official Tutorial
-Virtual computer console (Emulate a shell)
-Buy/Sell items

Side features:

-Clans [max: 20 people]
-Certain things can only be done in the virtual console (VC)
-Hack opponents computers from their own wlan
-Ability to configure wireless router, if you own one.
-Private Message Board
-Computer MUST be running at least [2] services (to ensure a minimal amount of vulnerability)

Suggestions:

-Receive missions from NPC's?
-Bank account (hackable), only certain amount of money allowed to be stolen per person...
-Easter eggs, such as web servers with hidden ports that may contain free software, or tips for missions...

Questions:

-How will hacking work?
  -Wireless - Will need several programs to sniff and send IV's, crack the iv's, retrieve wireless information (type of encryption, etc...)
  -Virii, RATS? - Virii slowly leaches money from their bank account? RATS log the IP's the person visits, lists the programs on the persons drive, etc.
  -Brute Forcing - Cannot be done while person is logged on due to the fact that this LIGHTS up the logs. Will leave a large log file.
  -Exploits? - Will leave an 'odd' entry in the log, will bypass software, but in turn, your exploit script is copied to the enemies hard disk.
  -Keylogger - Will send the username and password of all running services on the machine. Afterwards, a log entry is left with your IP and a warning that 'sensitive information' has been sent.
  -Other possibilities/changes? Suggestions welcome.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

:? I don't bite guys...

Really, any input would be nice. Tell me what you think of the game, any additions or something you think should be removed, and whatnot. Before i make this, i want to know if you all think it's a good idea.

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Alright.... if you don't bite here I go :wink:

First, your game has to have hacking stuff... I mean no small challenge. The real thing. I've seen a lot of game where you had a console(yeah right) where you would do shit like: hack and then the ip. The success rate was if the other guy had bought a firewall...

This shit don't last long and are boring. I don't know how you would made it in single... but for clan, they could have a bit of webspace, a small DB and host like 3 services. You know the rest.

What's sucks in "hacking rpg" is that usually it doesn't require skill. The word "hacking" is taken only to take some script kiddie playing their game.

And thinking about the single player way, it would have to be like challenge... I don't really see any other ways.

Unless you just want to make a rpg like game with "hacking" theme. What are your intention into this game?
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Well, when you purchase a program, the program can be run from console, with parameters. For instance, the wifi iv capturing program. you have to define what channel, essid or mac address of the wireless router, etc. Also, i'm thinking i'm going to make it so you can hide the banner of services that you're running, and you can possibly modify the code of the exploits to work on an updated version of the service. It will be a fairly complex game that will require learning.

The console will imitate a linux shell, with commands such as copy, del, ls, etc. You will have a system path, and you will have to compile your exploits (possibly, when you obtain exploits by other means that purchase, they could contain errors in the code purposely, like people tend to do, and they have to fix that error to run and compile the exploit...). I aim to make this game complicated and unique in comparison to the other hacking rpg's on the net.

I appreciate the input.

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Well, in the way you are talking about, that would be awsome!
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.