A little preview for you all...

All about creating websites!
lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

looking better for sure, I don't have to squint or anything lol.

again, not my area of expertise so I'm not much help I'm sure, but it's important to be givin positive feed back I feel, so keep it up! Looks great!

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Thank you.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

At the current rate that you guys are fixing these bugs I'd say that you're doing a good job. Of course there are more bugs but I'm pretty sure you guys will get this thing fixed very soon ;)

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Yeah, it's coming along nicely ^_^

I still have a lot to code though (with mabo's help of course)

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Okay, i got the navigation update working now, but it's not uploaded to the preview site.

It was more difficult than i had planned. When i changed the code for the logout link from:

Code: Select all

a href=\"#\" on click=\"ajaxFunc('main.php', 'logout', 'body', 'do='); clearTimeout(t);\" Log out /a
To this:

Code: Select all

a href=\"#\" on click=\"ajaxFunc('main.php', 'logout', 'body', 'do='); ajaxFunc('main.php', 'updnav', 'nav', 'do='); clearTimeout(t);\" Log out /a
(had to remove the html tags because of the filter >_<)
I kept getting a PHP Warning saying that the session_destroy() function failed... It was pretty wierd.

And for those who are wondering how i fixed it, i tried a lot of different things but ended up replacing session_destroy() with session_unset().

Works like a charm.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

good work buddy.... :D

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

After a long while, here's a new update.

A lot has changed since the last preview i gave you guys. One night while working on the code, i realized that the code was just so unorganized that it wasn't workable anymore. It also had more security holes than swiss-cheese and many unnecessary functions. After thinking about it for a while, i decided to pretty much start coding over from scratch, only taking a few functions from the old version of the project.

In addition to fixing all that i listed above, i also toned down the ajax since it did break the back button and i couldn't work around it. Currently there is no ajax scripting in the forum system yet, though it will have an auto-update when viewing a topic, a quick-reply button, and a few other ajax powered features, i'm sure.

Also the template is just a tester template, so it is a bit ugly.

Current features:
-Registration
-Log out
-View forum
-View topic
-Create topic

http://g70net.com/preview/

For those who are curious, mab opted out of the project for his own reasons. I'm coding this on my own now.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Ok, i fixed a few errors. I forgot to update the last poster & last post date when adding a post to a topic. I also applied a new post tracking system, unread posts are marked with a blue square on the left.

^_^

I know this project is old news, but still feel free to comment.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

gogeta70 wrote:Ok, i fixed a few errors. I forgot to update the last poster & last post date when adding a post to a topic. I also applied a new post tracking system, unread posts are marked with a blue square on the left.

^_^

I know this project is old news, but still feel free to comment.
colors still burn my eyes, other then that awesome progress!
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

1r0l3
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by 1r0l3 »

Its really nice, gonna make something like that. would you mind to send me the source on filip@aggisoft.dk ?

I will promise not to use it, just want to see how you have done it.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Sure. I haven't decided if i'm going to make this an open-source forum system yet, but since it's still in the early stages and you want to learn from it, why not.

Instead of emailing it to you, i'll send you a pm of where you can download the source.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Ok, here's another update.

-Basic search added
-Profile editing added
-Fixed bug with new post... thing (shows you where new posts are)
-Other minor things
-Made the template a little prettier, i hope XD

http://g70net.com/preview

check it out and tell me what you think.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Ok, i moved this topic because i think it fits in this category better, and because i was bored.

Besides that, if anybody wants to take the liberty to try and hack this forum, that'd be great. I've been trying to develop it with security in mind, but it always helps to have a 3rd party to help check.

Anyway, don't lose interest in this people, it's almost to the fun part now. I'm almost done with the base/core code, which means i'll be taking your suggestions on new features.