Keyboard buffer read ?

All about creating websites!
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

we read everything you type P4 :lol:

I am not sure there is a buffer - aka printer style. I think the OS just detects the strokes and directly acts on it real time. You can control what the keystroke signal returns - but I don't think there is a storage buffer for keystrokes while waiting to be shown on the screen.

Now, I detected that you also meant as if you were writing a post, an email and did not save it. Some sites do have an autosave for drafts - like gmail, and where is that saved? and for how long? Some applications you have to save, or it doesn't happen. But those will be dependent on the application and propriety codes of each site.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

l0ngb1t
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by l0ngb1t »

mmmm
i think keyboards have a buffer... hope i'm right i don't wanna embarrass my self...
and if what p4 said is true it means that every thing i wrote and delete while posting this is detected by the admins even if i didn't click "post"
i don't think it's possible without using a script or something to log our key storke
because while am writing this no packet where send to suck-o server according to wireshark :P or all the key storke where are detected from the buffer and sent the moments i click post :P even what i wrote and delete

hope i wasn't silly :roll:
Last edited by l0ngb1t on 22 Jan 2010, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
There is an UNEQUAL amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly. "The Jester"

leetnigga

Re: Keyboard buffer read ?

Post by leetnigga »

Learn2HTTP :P
p4inl0v3r wrote:Suppose on a forum a user types something and does not click on the 'post' button. Can the stuff he wrote be read ?
Everything he types will be saved in a buffer in the memory of the user's web browser process on the user's computer.
p4inl0v3r wrote:I mean to ask that whatever he typed has already been through the keyboard buffer to the computer network and the site server (hope this is correct) So if the data IS sent to the server but not POSTED, can the server admin still read what the user typed ?
HTTP is a stateless protocol. A page is gotten from the server with a GET request and rendered by your browser. While you're watching and typing on this page no connection to the website is needed. When you click the 'post' button, all the fields in the form you were filling out are submitted with a POST request to the script in the form's HTML "action" attribute.

So no, data is not sent in between unless there is Javascript code running that submits it in the background using a XMLHttpRequest for asynchronous communication.

If you want to learn more about this, learn to program and look at packets with a packet sniffer.

l0ngb1t

Post by l0ngb1t »

wuhuuuuu i think am little bit right loool

btw P4 nice avatar mate :P thought mine is cool lol
There is an UNEQUAL amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly. "The Jester"

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

I thought about doing this for my forums - saving user posts in case they had a browser crash or something. For a website, it can be done in ajax, something like this:

Code: Select all

textarea id="text" onchange="save(this.value)" /textarea

Then you would use javascript and ajax to send the information to the server to be stored.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...