Lockpicking

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Lockpicking

Post by bad_brain »

Maybe it's time for a Lockpicking section ?
yep! will set it up on the weekend... :D

looking forward to your vid DNR, if you want to place it on suck-o's youtube channel let me know... :D

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Who knew that there was such an avid interest in lockpicking among so many members here? ^_^

Anyway, glad you liked the vid.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

great video Gog, saves me using a sledgehammer next time i lose my keys :lol:
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

http://deviating.net/lockpicking/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

no video from me - the foreclosed house is gone

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

wow, nice site DNR...great collection of vids... 8O

*bookmark*

Uner
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Uner »

Shit gogeta ... I just got interested in picklocking yesterday night, and got to sleep after about an hour of unsuccessful attempt at opening your average dollar stone lock. Saw your video this morning and it took me no more than a minute to open it. You're the man. :)

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

:lol: I'm glad you liked the video ^_^
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

What I was going to demonstrate was a destructive, but very quick way to defeat a keyed lock.

Remember that machining technology for making lock components causes an inherent defect - soft metal.

The rotating tumbler that holds the pins and springs, and accepts the key - is made of soft metal - this is because it is cheaper to machine soft metal to make this part of the lock. The pins maybe hardened steel - but the complex design of the tumbler and its machiniing requirement requires this soft metal.

Take a .5 inch drill bit, portable drill.
The drill bit will center itself on the tumbler - as thats how they designed the face of the tumbler to accept the key so easily.
The brass alloy will allow the drill bit to quickly eat all the way through the lock. You will feel 'bumps' as the drill bit hits each pin, and chews it out of the way.
You'l know you are done when you hit the back of the lock, and the tumbler now looks skewed rather than up/down.
Insert screwdriver, and turn - door open!

If you worry about detection, you merely check the lock brand the day before, and bring a similar lock, replace it. The original owner might simply think the lock has failed, his key won't work. Hope a lock smith does not disassemble to rekey it - cause he will find out its keyed different from the owner's key.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

floodhound2 wrote:Nerdz

Making your own picks are virtually untraceable especially if make your picks from hacksaw blades etc...
Spring steel from street sweepers and allen wrenches work good. When I worked for an equipment dealership I purchased a couple of different lock pick sets. They were ok only two picks in the sets did I ever use and the tension wrench was generic. The tools I made I used a lot more in the field.

I was pretty good at opening locks of all kinds so I taught the wife how to do it. She became better and fatster at it than me :(
Now my favorite tools are for most locks are
Drill
grinder with cutoff wheel
oxy acettilne torch

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Make sure you all understand - lock picking tools can be restricted or illegal for citizens to possess, they are considered 'burglary tools". I like homemade tools as you learn to make them from anything. Homemade tools are easier to ditch when the cops get too close. At the least the police will confiscate your tools as 'prohibited items' like a little pocket knife if you get stopped, at the worst - a charge of possession of illegal tools - aka boltcutters, picks, lock pullers, etc.

Also remember forensic analysis can match tool marks with the tool in your possession, if you use the tools for a crime, replace them. Homemade tools will likely have more special characteristics than a 'popular store brought/internet sold tool' for a forensic investigator to confirm it was your 'burglary tool'.

DNR
-