"Scapy directory" on Windows?

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
skulldragon_001
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

"Scapy directory" on Windows?

Post by skulldragon_001 »

So I went thru a long and something something Scapy installation session.

I'm at final phase: Queso - ... and put queso.conf into your Scapy directory
but, I'm not sure if I understand correctly, where Scapy directory is under Windows.
Am I supposed to put that file in C:\Python25\Scripts folder?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: "Scapy directory" on Windows?

Post by bad_brain »

um, I am 99.9% positive about that....I don't have it installed at the moment, so I can't check. but maboroshi, our very own Python weirdo, will show up in the evening and can verify that... :wink:

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

Put it in the directory scapy resides in scapy. This will install most likely be C:\PythonXX\Lib\site-packages\scapy\

You want queso.conf in that directory

You may be able to get away with having it in the same directory your scripts are, I am not sure though

Also I think you want to download scapy from the secdev web site rather than the link in the Documentation... Its been my experience that link doesn't work go ahead and try it though. If you go my route it will be scapy latest release.tar.gz on this page http://www.secdev.org/projects/scapy/ the one in the windows docs points to scapys latest revision

Anyway hope that helped

skulldragon_001
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by skulldragon_001 »

Thanks mab! Sb should update the scapy to windows installation guide..

About Your experience with links.. well Getting and installing Scapy was step #2, had no problems with that at all. I got the latest version, 2.2.0. FF4 luckily supports "transforming" links, like from tip.zip to scapy-xxx.zip.
And another thing, Latest Tar.Gz package contains Scapy 2.1.0, but Zip file contains 2.2.0, are you sure I should have got myself 2.1.0 instead?

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

Well 2.1.0 is the latest release 2.2.0 is the latest revision... I suppose it doesn't matter as long as it works :-)

My problem was previously downloading the revision release would create an error maybe its fixed now :-)

Anyway good luck with scapy it really is a good system. I actually worked on porting it to windows with a few others Zack Payton and Dirk Loss back in 2007 although I am no longer involved in this project :-)

Anyway take care

*cheers

Maboroshi