Question about brute force

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
takeudown

Question about brute force

Post by takeudown »

Hey Everyone, Ok this is the deal. I go to a website and it has a place for employee login to check emails. Now I know the user name and my old password was rmi0518
But my husband has changed it, my question is can I use a brute force on this, I know most websites lock you out after so many wrong tries but this one does not, If I can use a brute force , Can someone recommend one to use, I am running windows xp.

Also If I am sending a keylogger to a email address that when they recieve email it gets pushed to their blackberry, If they check it from the blackberry it will not install the keylogger correct? I have the mail server and the ip address, I got that far so any help is appreciated

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Hmm, brute forcing is similar to attempting to kill someone with a gun only missing 49 times and maybe hitting them on the 50th time, or running out of ammo. Either way, the cops are gonna show. Better not do it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

cant u email the company and say u lost ur pass?.

and btw wtf does ur hubby do to change YOUR password?.

some things are bound to stay private.

takeudown

Thanks for the reply and I respect your answer ,

Post by takeudown »

If under normal circumstances I would never think of it , Even using a proxy there is a log file and the admin would be able to locate me by Ip.

But see the thing is, I own the business. I opened my own business about almost 2 months ago. As I am sure most of you know when you first open any business you do not start out making profit, My husband had his buddy put together our website, My husband has changed the login password to the email and made a huge argument about letting him deal with the computer related stuff. I only been married 6 months but this sends up a huge red flag. I cant go to the admin thats his buddy, but its al in my name so I do not beleive I can be arrested or any of that. Am I righton this? Thanks

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

By bruteforcing, you won't simply try usr:pwd , it can cause a mass of traffic and the ISP(Internet Service Provider) will surely log that IP adress and maybe contact you.

Brute-forcing is like killing a moskito with a bazooka
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

takeudown

Ok , What about

Post by takeudown »

Ok can I remote connect if I know the ipp address , can I get into it by the ip somehow, I was also told a rat may work. Anyone got any ideas? thanks you guys

d10b
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: Thanks for the reply and I respect your answer ,

Post by d10b »

takeudown wrote:But see the thing is, I own the business.
How does anyone know you actually own this business? Where is the actual computer located that runs the mail server? Or is it a hosted site?
``The true voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes``

takeudown

busines license

Post by takeudown »

I can scan a copy of my business license . besides its not a sight like when someone emails u . u automaticaly get the user id name, this is not like that, its not a email account, so to know the user id, u could only be me or my hubby,

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Well, tell us if the web site is hosted on a computer you have physical access to, or if it is on some hosting company server.

takeudown

I put it in my first post his buddy helped ,but

Post by takeudown »

In my firts post I explained his buddy helped set it up, but maybe this helpes, I get a bill from ipowerweb.net, Which I looked up and it is a server, When I contacted them they said there was a admin password and a extra code word added to the account, also if they reset it he will know, You know I truly appreciate you guys taking the time to reply to me on this, thanks

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

My god i can't believe i'm saying this....

You're the woman in the relationship, don't let him control you like that, you both have equal rights over the business. Let him know that and go ahead and have the password changed via phone. Don't try brute forcing because attacking a computer that doesn't belong to you is highly illegal.

toast

Post by toast »

Honestly, you dont need to hack/ or what not.
When he is sleeping... go get him!
Cut of his *cough*...
Kick him out.
Show him who is boss.
Chicks rule the world. No man can suppress us!

:)

d10b

Re: I put it in my first post his buddy helped ,but

Post by d10b »

takeudown wrote:When I contacted them they said there was a admin password and a extra code word added to the account, also if they reset it he will know,
Why does it matter if he knows? If this is your account you have the right to change the PW. If you're married I'm assuming you live together. Why not just talk to your husband about this?
``The true voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes``

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

because for the moment it is best not to encounter social problems until she finds out what is going on.

if she talks to him about it there is a possibility that he is going to do some damage u never know.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

what? is this Oprah?

Post by DNR »

Anytime someone becomes deceptive, it means they are doing something wrong.

If you are paying the bill for ipowerweb.net then you have the right to get an admin password for it. Your hubby can share admin rights also. Ipowerweb is a website host, look in the History folder or tab in the computer's web browser (like internet explorer) and see what websites he is visiting.

If anyone feels the threat of violence is there, they should leave. Get a restraining order or a divorce. I am tired of hearing about domestic violence repeat offenders. Your problems are beyond admin rights over a server, you got problems in your relationship - that should be discussed in the Off-topic Forum :-$

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.