help with rootkits

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
sasho

help with rootkits

Post by sasho »

hey guys,im new here,love the site,love the forums, some interesting stuff to download :) .. amazing..
anyway i saw some rootkits in the download section where they allow u to pakc compress and encrypt trojans to make them UD from AV system.well im not sure if thats wot they do, but thats wot i understoof from it( please correct me if im wrong).
anyway i tryed using one spesific rootkit AFXrootkit 2005... and i read the readme file but i couldnt understand anything.. i know that u guys want us newbies to learn by ourselves lol, but i hope u guys could help me out to encrypt a trojan with rootkits. thanks in advance
and i hope im not asking for illegal stuff..
peace :)!

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Re: help with rootkits

Post by Nerdz »

sasho wrote:trojan with rootkits. thanks in advance
and i hope im not asking for illegal stuff..
peace :)!
Trojan? Illegal? sounds like a bell to me...

Trojan: A type of computer virus which comes disguised as a program. People download this program usually from the Internet because they think that the program is of some use, but once they start it up it could perhaps erase your hard drive or just wreak havoc all over your system. Recently there has been a discovery of a Trojan Horse type virus which comes in the form of a file called AOL4FREE.COM this file should NOT be downloaded to your system by any means. ...

Illegal:The illegal or unauthorized accessing (often known as "hacking" of computers or networks carries potential civil and criminal penalties under both federal laws and the laws of most states.

Sources: Google define:

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: help with rootkits

Post by bad_brain »

nerdzoncrack wrote: Trojan: A type of computer virus which comes disguised as a program.
Hmmm....well, XP is a trojan then.... 8O
:lol:

K,sasho, the problem is that for using a rootkit you need LITTLE more knowledge than for an ordinary trojan, so it´s not really something for beginners. but both have something in common: in a normal file any virus scanner recognizes them, so you need to have access to the target machine anyway. rootkits are imo nothing for "make a quick little joke with a buddy", they´re more used on exploited servers for giving the attacker a easy way to access the box next time and to prevent that this backdoor is beeing recognized by the server admin. this is why a rootkit is supposed to be running on processor-level, by doing this the process don´t appear in the list (a simple ps-command would be enough to find it).
well, I would suggest to get some more experience and knowledge first, when you don´t understand the readme-files it makes no sense trying to use these programs (don´t worry, I´m not understanding all of it neither...:wink:)
but if you´re really interested in rootkits (not just on how to use them) check http://www.rootkit.com ,really weird guys there... :D

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect

Post by Nerdz »

messagebox:

http://www.rootkit.com could not be found blablabla...?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

link works for me... :?

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect

Post by Nerdz »

now it works... I guess it was a ghost