Please help! Overun with viruses, trojans and the like

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Please help! Overun with viruses, trojans and the like

Post by Swan »

Ok well my anti virus which was Norton's AV, and I promply downloaded AVG (free version btw) to try and cover my ass, but I have been simply overrun with Trojans I have ran a scan, repaired my machine and found 4 more not a hour later.

What the hell is going on !?

I have defragged my computer, disk clean uped, etc but I am being bombarded with nasties and bugs. I also noitce that my connection for my wireless broadband cuts out often after 6 pm, my connection to MSN is screwy and my downloads from utorrent quite slow.

BTW What is that file sharing/printing resources weakness, that is exploited? I think that might be a factor though I cant say for definate.

Sorry this is so long but trying to be detailed, and by god am I going crazy

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Maybe there is a downloader hiding in the background :/

You can also check this
http://www.suck-o.com/modules.php?name= ... pic&t=2139

and then you could run a scan with Hijack this and use this tool to check the log

http://www.hijackthis.de/en
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Re: Please help! Overun with viruses, trojans and the like

Post by Lyecdevf »

baron_samedi wrote:Ok well my anti virus which was Norton's AV, and I promply downloaded AVG (free version btw) to try and cover my ass,
So you did not have any AV at the time but than you noticed a problem and you instaled AVG. I do not remember wether the free version has a firewall but I figure the router is the only protection you have right now.
baron_samedi wrote: I have defragged my computer, disk clean uped, etc but I am being bombarded with nasties and bugs.
I am not sure how defraging and cleaning the disc would help. Those are just tools to help keep your computer running smoth not some thing you use to fight viruses, worms and so on.

The more drastic thing that you can do is formating your hard drive. It is proven that no virus, worm,...can survie that.
baron_samedi wrote:Sorry this is so long but trying to be detailed, and by god am I going crazy
I was my self infected with a bot I believe and I had no option but to format my hard drive and my security was a bit better than yours. I wanted to instal Linux any way!
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal