Hack into a network computer

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
kartik84

Hack into a network computer

Post by kartik84 »

Hi,

I tried the a couple of things to get access (unshared folders) into a network computer. We are connected via router and share couple of folders.

I downloaded couple of guides from
http://www.hackinglibrary.ws/online_tut ... hp?goto=18

that allows to hack throught Telnet - however that dint work

Then I tried using Netbios - that dint work at the last step because the other comp has got a firewall..

I know the IP of the comp is there any other way or other tool? I tried Brutus but its daming confusing ..

Cheers

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

To start, telnetting and netbios isnt really hacking. :roll:
And most or maybe all telnets through common ports have been blocked by microsoft as well as netbios. :cry:
Netbios only allows applications through a lan to 'communicate' with another, while Telnet is the actual establishing of a connection to a server, which requires both a telnet client and server to be preformed. These types of attacks are useless and pointless for most networks. :wink:

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

ebrizzlez wrote:To start, telnetting and netbios isnt really hacking. :roll:
not so...any unauthorized remote access can be considered a hack weather on a LAN, VPN, or WLAN - yet there are so many definitions of hacking but the best one ive found is:

hacking is finding unintended or overlooked uses for the laws and properties of a given situation and then applying them in new and inventive ways to solve a problem...

Telnet hacking is best known for its efficiency and ease of use, you could easily create gateways on remote machines to connect to other machines repeat and connect to target

anymore SSH has replaced telnet, its preferred for connecting to other machines, its more secure...although telneting is still in use today because its still installed on machines at default, also alot of sysAdmins still have it installed and enabled just in case something happened to SSH, or to play MUD's or use it as a powerful debugging app...

Concerning Netbios (network basic input output system) Windows XP SP 2
defaults to allow WAN traffic if you have a netshare, as dumb as it may sound its true, and the protocol is still widely attacked and used, even if the ports are monitored, plus Netbios is just a framework for a form of networking DOS may not be the structural blocks of the windows operating system anymore, but can you still use Command Line?

ive mapped networks where there were machines running with open telnet and netbios ports, so the ability to gain access using those techniques are still there...