what the hell my ip changed

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

what the hell my ip changed

Post by shamir »

this is sick I went on the ip site and my ip changed :roll: :roll: :?: [-X

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Re: what the hell my ip changed

Post by ebrizzlez »

isakov123 wrote:this is sick I went on the ip site and my ip changed :roll: :roll: :?: [-X
lol. xD Your IP always changes during boot, it's reassigned to you. But what's this site you talk of? :roll:

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

ebrizzlez wrote:
isakov123 wrote:this is sick I went on the ip site and my ip changed :roll: :roll: :?: [-X
lol. xD Your IP always changes during boot, it's reassigned to you. But what's this site you talk of? :roll:
www.ip-address.com

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

isakov123 wrote:
ebrizzlez wrote:
www.ip-address.com
Nope, my IP stood the same. Can you tell me what exactly happened and how'd you notice it?

Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

maybe you have a dynamic IP address?

Most people do, few actually have a static one, remember no 2 computers can have the same IP address.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

internaly no, externaly yes :) my sis has the same IP as i have on the internet :D

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

n3rd wrote:internaly no, externaly yes :) my sis has the same IP as i have on the internet :D
Well if you own a network and use a router then most likely both people own the same IP. And like said before, most likely it's an dynamic IP so it would be on constant interchange. :wink:

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yeup...as baron said, dynamic IP... :wink:
how often it changes depends on your ISP, some ISPs have "forced disconnecting" usually every 24 hours (so you get a new IP after connecting again), but on other ISPs you can have the same IP even for months if you don't re-connect manually in the meantime.... :wink:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

ebrizzlez wrote:
n3rd wrote:internaly no, externaly yes :) my sis has the same IP as i have on the internet :D
Well if you own a network and use a router then most likely both people own the same IP. And like said before, most likely it's an dynamic IP so it would be on constant interchange. :wink:

Doesn't always change constantly when you have a dynamic IP

b_b told me once that all ISP's has a set amount of IP's that they can use, and if there aren't any IP's to change to, you will most likely have the same IP when you reconnect again ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

my ip itself always stays the same but i have a friend who is in the states who uses roadrunner isp and her ip changes every 3 months automatically. guess some isp will change the ip sometimes and some just dont :?

gmz23
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by gmz23 »

lol idk y mine doesn't do that