c++ stepping to serial

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
bill98626

c++ stepping to serial

Post by bill98626 »

I'm new to this type of programing but have beed trying to hack(reverce code) a program in c++ utf-8, I downloaded a disassbler,ollydbg and w32 assembly. the tutoral i when through didn't help with how to step through next, cancel or return (0,1,2)commands, I have an install.exe program that first stop screen ask you to press next button, then info screen want to install on c:// question next,back,or cancel. I would like to be able to follow the program though to where the serial key comes up I have found the code to be about 8 digits long but trying to find the start of install part and bypass serial. I have been searching for this serial key but none found and so i got to crack it.

isapiens
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by isapiens »

do you know C++ ?
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

reverse engineering has nothing to do with c++, first you have to unpack the program with several unpackers available out there, then you debug it with ollydbg, depending on the type of window created you need to set the breakpoint at that or you can pause the program, then you have to look in the memory, either you will find the serial there, or how to calculate the serial...

bill98626

Post by bill98626 »

no I have done some old comadore 64 cracking back in the 80's, learned cobol back in the 70's, did a little basic but that was to hard. I know you would think how can someone learn a hard program, but can't learn a simple one? I think I over think the problem. anyway I am running olly 110 and tracing the program and it comes to push 55 the tutoral said to press F2 but I can't tell you what f2 does and then when i do it just doesn't do anything for me I am just trying to crack 3 add on programs files, for a another program to run. I am trying to get pass the 3 push spots (Install (run,or cancel) Accept licence yes/no (back, next,cancel) then password. I can read langage and follow by sight and I think I have found it but don't know what to put there. tutoral tell me to put fill with nop's just trying to learn that program it looks good and very powerfull but I just can't catch on. I'm running windows xp on a P4 and you can tell me this stuff is c++ but it still looks like machine langage to me. any help would be greatly aperceated. Thanks Bill

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

that's not C++ that's assembly,
and you've found what? what to put where?

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

i thought you need to know assembly to do that kind of a thing. He is just trying to get the serial bypass, correct? Its a bit hard to follow your line of thought my friend.
But ye, this is a bitch post done by me, cuz there is nothing useful in it for anyone, cheers.
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.