How to kill established connection or block ports etc?

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
Losing_grip
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

How to kill established connection or block ports etc?

Post by Losing_grip »

Uhmm... So how can i exactly do that? is it possible to block all the ports etc?
and if its possible to kill a certain connection... How?

Thanks.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

There is an aplication called Fport for windows that will show you all open ports. However, it does not have a graphical interface just like Nmap. You can download it here:

http://www.scanwith.com/download/Fport.htm

You can not kill all conections. The fact that you are using the web means that you have port 80 open.

Other aplications also need acess to the net. For instance your AV needs to update and I do not know which port it uses but if you closed it you would receive warning that it can not connect to the server.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

i think what he means is how to cancel or pause a connection or even block it,to block it simply block the port it uses.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

assuming you use Windows:
get TCPView from the downloads, it shows all connections like netstat (but with more info) and you also can kill connections with it...simply right-click on the connection you want to kill to see the options... :wink:

and to "close" a port you simply have to disable the service that opened it, but if you want to close it only for specific source IPs you need to do it via the firewall.

:wink: