Laptop Driver

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
visser
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Laptop Driver

Post by visser »

ok so for a friend i was getting rid of Vista an installing XP. i get everything up and running. then the audio, i try it and it doesnt work. the laptop is a fujitsu lifebook a3130
the audio is RealTek ALC262 HD audio codec with dual built-in stereo speakers so i am trying to get xp to get going here. but nothing i cant get any audio. ive tried to reinstall xp again. i can figure it out.

could someone please help me??

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Are you sure it's the right drivers?

I mean did you download the right ones from the site maybe?
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bubzuru
.net coder
.net coder

Post by bubzuru »

visser

Post by visser »

ok im almost positive that i put in the correct driver. could it perhaps rely on another driver???

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Ok this might quite sound stupid, but this has happened to me on a few occasions. Without asking for more details i am guessing that you have loaded XP and all software etc and have not checked your system drivers first. Over the last three years i would say i have done this twice. I have also had a company tell me they could not install cad on there pc and they told another (quite big company) who therefor told them they would have to upgrade there systems. Its what i would call a bad install. K seems like I'm wittering on here as i have had a few large one's, so guess what im saying is once windows is installed load the missing drivers before moving on or you will have problems from time to time.

Now its up to you but i know from previous experience that you will be using the correct driver but it just wont get passed the stage where the driver now has a '! on it and not a ?' Any way i am assuming the situation so if i am wrong please post otherwise. If you try the way i have spoken of and it works as a final solution then also post as this might save some people a lot of time. When i first encountered this situation i wasted 5 hrs trying to fix the error on a clean installed system like yourself then spent another reformatting from start and find the error now rectified.

good luck :wink:

visser

Post by visser »

ok. i got it. it was a built in sound card so there were all these unknown devices ( i did a completely fresh install and focused completely on getting the audio working) i found the Fujitsu site had drivers for everything. but there were a couple of just random drivers. i opened up the device manager and it found that those random drivers worked with the unknown devices. so its up and running. and my friend is a lot happier with xp. thanks all for all the help!!

Oppconsulting

Post by Oppconsulting »

Be very carfull about just wipeing any new machine on the market now!!!!!! They are whats called proprietary machines!!! And that means they are made for and to only work with the manufacturer crap there software and evan some only there hardware drives mem etc I have run into 4 now that will not format right and drivers from the man website do not get it running you have to run the restore disk back to there soft then it works again only then and I know all the tricks and sites for drivers and these bitches would not work except back with there own crap load of bullshit!!! luckly I had backed up there hard disks to another disk so be very carefull about wipeing new walmart etc cheapy pcs and laptops!!

visser

Post by visser »

well we learned this one the hard way. we got everything to work correct but the video card wont work correct
so we put it back to vista. and the wireless card wasnt working originally. but works great with the cp driver for it.

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

Your lucky you were enabled to revert it to orginal state.

I ran into the same probably just a day ago making the switch from Linux to WinXp. Well.. actually, I just need to upgrade my mointer. ^^

But next time you could run a virtual machine to test if it would work on your console. A Virtual Machine is usally used to test software, but see if it can detect all your drivers and work properly. By default the data streamer streams in all of this information, but if you mess around with the settings, it will emulate it as an exact OS instead of a Virtual machine.

Also check system requirements and compadablity. But I dont see why reverting from Vista to an older version of Windows would do much harm, if anything it should work perfectly. But I guess this is one of those exceptions. ^^
[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j205/ebrizzlez/4lsint1.jpg[/img]

Oppconsulting

Post by Oppconsulting »

{Also check system requirements and compatibility. But I don't see why reverting from Vista to an older version of Windows would do much harm, if anything it should work perfectly. But I guess this is one of those exceptions. ^^}

There are allot of exceptions now days unless you custom build a PC.

Big Daddy Bill has made it into basically a law that all IBM type PCs operate his newest only and only from the company that sold it etc!! witch equals what I said proprietary systems and bullcrap!! Take a emachine wont take normal parts some wont even take normal hard drives only emachine drives and yes have had many newest systems that will never ever downgrade software if you don't want you device manager to be more than half yellow one Compaq I had lost all usb and 15 other things until I restored the dam thing !!! There is a push by bill and gov and lots of others to make all PCs uniform not very changeable if any and it is starting and appearing thats why gates phased out all old update support they are going to make your ass be on line instead of stored in hard drives etc all for spying and crap and they keep sliding it in under your noses with shit like vista lil by lil by lil till its to late and its here 8O

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

Oppconsulting wrote: There are allot of exceptions now days unless you custom build a PC.

Big Daddy Bill has made it into basically a law that all IBM type PCs operate his newest only and only from the company that sold it etc!! witch equals what I said proprietary systems and bullcrap!! Take a emachine wont take normal parts some wont even take normal hard drives only emachine drives and yes have had many newest systems that will never ever downgrade software if you don't want you device manager to be more than half yellow one Compaq I had lost all usb and 15 other things until I restored the dam thing !!! There is a push by bill and gov and lots of others to make all PCs uniform not very changeable if any and it is starting and appearing thats why gates phased out all old update support they are going to make your ass be on line instead of stored in hard drives etc all for spying and crap and they keep sliding it in under your noses with shit like vista lil by lil by lil till its to late and its here 8O
The driver systems on both OS's are compatable with each other. If it was a different OS in complete, then it is understood, such as Unix or Mac. But the fact of the matter is, the only difference is an update in the kernel. Or you could even extract the needed drivers from your old system, use an USB then upload the drivers and install.

Proprietary systems you see all the time. A Dell is wired up so much, that an average user would have trouble installing a new harddrive and you would be lucky if you werent to fry out your motherboard if you were using a Dell. This applys for only SOME Dell. It's not a bill, but more of a company tatic. Such as Norton making and infecting users with viruses to advertise there product. But even the Dell's have work arounds. You may be thinking,"WTF I HAVE A DELL!", but as I said before, some models not all. But the company workers who fix your Dell and upgrade need knownledge to do this if wired up, so no matter what there is always a work-around. If the knownledge was leaked out(A few extra wires isnt much of a scare) then everyone or anyone who has the time to learn can fix there own Dell.

Microsoft is trying to advertise Vista, thats why they cut support for Windows 95,98,etc, but that doesn't mean you can't find updates made by other users. :wink: The same would be applied to driver updating. Madwifi is a excellent example. A group of programmers just got together and provided Windows only wireless drivers, available for Linux users. The possblities are endless.

The only real exception is if you are doing hardware changes. Because then some cards dont support others, or the motherboard can't read a certain card then it becomes frustrating, but this user isnt talking bout that. ^^
[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j205/ebrizzlez/4lsint1.jpg[/img]