python or HTML?

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
theN00b
forum buddy
forum buddy

python or HTML?

Post by theN00b »

ermmm..

in bad-brain's post for nubs he mentioned that its best to start with HTML, and then a reply was issued right after it with a link to a site that says that python is ftw to start with.

so which do i learn 1st?

...and...

is it really necesary to learn a programing language?

:? :? :?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

if you are a total beginner it's still the best to learn HTML first imo....because it's very easy. but well, you can't compare HTML and Python, HTML is a markup language and Python is "real" programming. "real" means it works with the attributes of every programming language...loops, variables, etc. HTML don't (or just in a VERY basic way).

HTML is like a bicycle, Python like a car...you can drive with both, but with a car you have more possibilities.

and well, you don't have to know how to write own applications, but for a deeper understanding of computing it's inevitable to know at least the basics of programming like loops and variables....but for this you can pick almost any language like Python, Perl, C++.....
:wink:

theN00b
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by theN00b »

then i choose python :)
i started learning it previously(even made a few shitty sites, the names of which i have long forgotten), but then a great evil came into my life... called world of warcraft. the following 2 years ive done nothing but dull my intelligence with it >.<

theN00b
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by theN00b »

almost forgot :p

when do i realise that i know is sufficiently to move on? or should i try other stuff while learnin python? :?

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Re: python or HTML?

Post by Lyecdevf »

theN00b wrote: is it really necesary to learn a programing language?
On most forums if you were to ask how to hack most people are going to say to learn programing. Yeah, it is absolutely necessary!
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

theN00b
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by theN00b »

ty man, im on it ;D

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

theN00b wrote: when do i realise that i know is sufficiently to move on? or should i try other stuff while learnin python? :?
Just get a few books on programing from a library or book store. Close your self into your room, basement, or where ever you have peace and quiet and do not come out for 10 days. :D :lol:
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal