Which anti-virus?

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
alien100
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by alien100 »

please read the rules and dont bring up old threads im going to have to lock it !
Last edited by alien100 on 01 Apr 2008, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9128/sig3copyyybq4.jpg[/img]

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

whups! I think he meant "do not bring up old THREADS, not threats lolz

I am not sure about locking some threads, this might be one of those eternal threads, as the subject "which AVP" is timeless.

Thread UN-locked. Alien did the right thing, I hope I am too :wink:
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yeah, it was ok that alien locked it, but in this special case I think it's also ok to let the thread run....I mean, AV's are changing with every version, just take a look at my favorite Kaspersky: heaven in version 6 but it became bloated with version 7.... :wink:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

bad_brain wrote:yeah, it was ok that alien locked it, but in this special case I think it's also ok to let the thread run....I mean, AV's are changing with every version, just take a look at my favorite Kaspersky: heaven in version 6 but it became bloated with version 7.... :wink:

I'm testing Kaspersky 7 at the moment, and to be honest. It's really good so far =) They removed some of the idiotic functions, and added a rootkit scanner.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hmmm...ok, keep me up to date with Kaspersky 7, I am not sure but it's possible I HAVE TO update to version 7 when the 1 year is over.
:-k

alien100

Post by alien100 »

avira and nod are good
[img]http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9128/sig3copyyybq4.jpg[/img]

t3st
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by t3st »

pois0n wrote:Kaspersky is my favorite. It deletes certain commercial spyware that other Anti-Virus' don't, plus it doesn't slow down your computer as much.
big lol :lol: kaspersky eats lot of your internet speed as well as your computer performance.. :D

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

t3st wrote:
pois0n wrote:Kaspersky is my favorite. It deletes certain commercial spyware that other Anti-Virus' don't, plus it doesn't slow down your computer as much.
big lol :lol: kaspersky eats lot of your internet speed as well as your computer performance.. :D

rofl! only if you test it on a Pentium 133 Mhz with 32 MB RAM or something XD

I have made loads of tests with anti viruses, and Kaspersky is one of the best ones i have tested ^^ Does NOT take much performance and does NOT take anything noticeable from your net performance.

But of course, everyone can make mistakes, but you will have to prove me wrong :roll:

t3st
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by t3st »

back before when i still using kaspersky...it owneds much memory of the pc lol..

when browsing limit only 3 tabs FF..later it said memory low..0_o..and it lags..when i open up taskmgr.exe and look at the process..100%CPU Usage while KAV is scanning :lol: then what do u think the best i can do? delete it in my HD..

specs:
1g RAM
80G HD
512MB Vid MEmory
Using winXP

i forgot to include im using dual core processor...

what specs do u think it should be tested?:lol:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

I have it on my server on a virtual machine :roll: the server has an old 1 Ghz processor with 384 MB RAM, works like a charm :roll:

Also OF COURSE it will take lots of CPU power when it's scanning >_< shut down the scheduled scan and scan when you don't use the comp.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

I am still the only one on the planet with no AV software running on the boxes i own. Ill never run Anti Virus ...
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

floodhound2 wrote:I am still the only one on the planet with no AV software running on the boxes i own. Ill never run Anti Virus ...
I have AV on the windows boxes, but it's only run when needed :)

t3st
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by t3st »

@cats

yeah...thats what am doing before..when i notice that while scanning my comp gots lag.. :lol: but right now..i do have AV but doesnt really use it...im only using it when im having a doubt with something im going to download..

ArtificialSuperHero

Post by ArtificialSuperHero »

I recommend Kaspersky, or Nod32. I personally don't use an AV on my main desktop rig that I built. I don't find it necessary with my safe surfing habits, and VirusTotal.com
[img]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/bodom425/Death_Note_Signature_by_Dias_Jean.jpg[/img]

lightcrowler
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by lightcrowler »

bad_brain wrote:2 AVs usually cause no problems, 2 (desktop) firewalls often do... :wink:
I have 2 Firewalls on my machine,Jetico Personall firewall and the firewall from windows,until now i can't see or detect any problems :P