newbie..

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
s0ss

newbie..

Post by s0ss »

Helo everyone!
Im new on the "hacking" area... I been reading torutals watching movies for 2 weeks now and im getting a pretty good basic understanding for the concept as a whole..

People seem's friendly here which i like. :) no FLAME! :P
I got a bunch of diffrent programs..
To my question: could someone tell me the "easy" programs to start with and
which ones give me knowledge about computer techonlogy...

I mean i need all the neccessary tools for diffrent things...
Just name a list that works togheter please. would be awsome!.
Thank You for the time reading a New "newbie's" topic.. :D

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Welcome in our board! :D

For your information of program to use, check our thread about the usefull tool in the hacking section forum.
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

G-Brain
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by G-Brain »

It really isn't about running applications and clicking the big red 'Hack' button. Whatever kind of hacking you're into, you'll probably end up having to write your own programs, just like everybody else. Learn a programming language like Python, it's great fun.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Well, you will definitely want to learn a programming language. I would suggest Notepad 2 (which is what i use) or Notepad++ (seen bad_brain brag about this one...). These programs have syntax highlighting for most common programming languages (i don't know about notepad++, but i think it's similar). You can use these programs to try out programming before getting a compiler, and other things.

If you end up doing a lot with regular expressions (regex), try a program called Expresso (thanks b_b). It helps with building a regular expression pattern to match specific strings. I don't think it generates regex delimiters, though, so don't forget those! :P

I tend to enjoy messing around with other operating systems, or even the one i'm running now. Thing is, i end up breaking them :P. Something that really helps here is VMware. It emulates an operating system that you have an ISO or a disc for. You can then practice hacking OS's legally :)

FTP/sFTP client: WinSCP. Having a client to connect to an FTP is always nice. This is my recommendation from big-e.

You will end up burning/backing up a lot of cd's most likely, so i suggest either Alcohol 120% (pm me for a special version) or DVD decryptor, which i think you can find in our downloads.

Ophcrack - This program is used to crack Windows XP SAM files, using rainbow tables. Very handy tool, runs on linux and windows. You can also boot it from a USB stick, if you have linux. This program cracks a SAM file within 5 minutes most of the time, usually less than 2. :P

VLC Media Player - Yep. The number 1 hacking tool. You are not a hacker, if you do not have music. :lol:

7Zip - A file decompresser. This is a freeware file compressing/decompressing software. Decompresses most types, such as .zip, .rar, .7z, .tar, .gz, .ace...

That's the end of my list. Remember, though, tools do not make a hacker, a hacker makes the tools.

Later.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

s0ss

Post by s0ss »

Thank you guys for all help i mean...
I been starting reading this teach yourself C in 21 days... cuz i figure i had to know some programming in order to understand things etc....

Yeah i tried that wmplayer or whatever on BT2... dident reeallly understand but ill take ur suggestion and i start by learing some programming and then i develope and expolre what kind of style i would like :)..

Thanks agin, you are nice ppl and i like it :P :lol:

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

gogeta70 wrote: VLC Media Player - Yep. The number 1 hacking tool. You are not a hacker, if you do not have music. :lol:
Now that is a million dollar point! :lol:

@s0ss
The basic idea behind being a hacker is knowing how stuff works,
if you dont know how stuff works, then how can you make it to work like you want, or how can you make a program work "your" way.

Programming languages are a good place to start learning how stuff works, it tells you how (computer)stuff is created.

There are no limits, the first rule of hacking would be, never stop learning.
Never think you know it all. If you know about programming languages, learn about programming paradigms, compiler design, or basically anything you want.
Most people start hacking just because they think it'd be cool to do this stuff, not knowing the hard work involved.
IF you really wanna "learn" to hack, then you should start taking subject computers, seriously.

Also yes, use linux, a hacker not using an open source OS is an irony itself. Moreover, linux is neat, powerful, equipped with most of the tools you need and yes, its l33t. But dont worry about the distro, whenever you will come to brag about your latest distro, you'll find a newer one is already there, and there will always be distros which you would have never heard of before.

We all start somewhere, so you may chose a path, i never usually suggest, learn this, learn that, but what i try to focus is, if you seriously want to be into hacking then be prepared for some hard work, sleepless nights,but dont worry, they would be all exciting,
and yes do take the subject seriously, otherwise, you'll be one of the rest, knowing somethings of everything and not everything of something.

Imagine what good would it do to you if you learn to hello world in 50 different programming languages?

G-Brain

Post by G-Brain »

s0ss wrote:I been starting reading this teach yourself C in 21 days... cuz i figure i had to know some programming in order to understand things etc....
http://norvig.com/21-days.html

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

G-Brain wrote:
s0ss wrote:I been starting reading this teach yourself C in 21 days... cuz i figure i had to know some programming in order to understand things etc....
http://norvig.com/21-days.html
I'm going to actually disagree with some of the content of that link. I learned PHP, HTML, CSS, C++ (no API, though), and JavaScript all just by reading. Asking questions on the internet, which is reading. I read documentations, tutorials, guides, books, whatever i could get my hands on. I've never taken a class on programming in my life. My first language was even C++.

Granted, all that took me years, not months, days, weeks, hours, or anything those books offer. Unless there's a "Learn PHP in 3 years" book, lol.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

you may want to learn php aswell

start off by reading

i am learning from modding c99 shells etc

'getting there slowly but im in no rush'