Gawd Port Forwarding Problem.

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
Losing_grip
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Gawd Port Forwarding Problem.

Post by Losing_grip »

So , its like a months ago when i used router(Dlink Dir-300) and unable to use rat with reverse connection , tried to port forwarding but still no luck that time. so i just used direct connection instead. But hell , direct connection suck pretty much especially when its like more than 5 computers. >_>!

So last night i tried to follow up every instruction in PortForwarding.com
about my router's model. But still it says i should set up Static IP address before port forwarding. I tried to set up Static IP address(From their tut)
But error came out and i lost my internet connection so i undo the stuffs i did. I tried to port forward the port i like but still no luck.

Any help? Should i just contact my ISP and buy static IP address? -_-
We got 3 desktop computers and 2 laptop at home , so i assume that even if i ask for static ip , the router would not give all the computer with the SAME ip address. so i think im still need to port forward stuff! >_<

Thanks.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Port forwarding in your router has little to do with the extern address that your ISP is providing you. When you have a dynamic extern IP that your ISP is giving you it is often a problem that when you for example send a rat and set it to reverse connect back to you it's often a problem that your IP has changed, therefore the connection wont reach you.

But if you stay connected to the net, it wont change (at least not for a while, depends on the DHCP that is giving you the IP).

Also if you have a dynamic LAN IP it may be problems since the port might get forwarded to the wrong IP if your IP changes on your comp. But setting a static LAN IP takes like 30 seconds in the router if you know what you are doing.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"