Hi from uid0

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
uid0
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Hi from uid0

Post by uid0 »

Hey there people =)

First of all, I'm from venezuela, english isn't my native language but I do my best to make myself understandable, however, if I make some typo or any other grammatical error don't hesitate to correct me ;)

I'm a computer enthusiast, not a 1337 though. The most I like is learning everything I can, I don't pay much attention about any specific knowledge, as far is good knowledge, I like it, to me, every knowledge has its degree of importance, be it securing a server or using css (cascade style cheets, not XSS ;))

Right know I'm mostly interested in webappsec, unix-like systems and programming being php the one with I'm working most.

There's a lot of things I don't know or I have read somewhere but don't have the experience (practice), however, I do what I can to help others if I know I can =)

That's for now, glad to be here, see you in the boards =]

Regards

Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

Youve raised some points that I am very keen to address.

First off:
First of all, I'm from venezuela, english isn't my native language but I do my best to make myself understandable
We have members from across the world, and we are not that pedantic about spelling anyway, and I must say your English is a damn sight better than my Venezulean (?)
'm a computer enthusiast, not a 1337 though
You want to be good at computers? Enthusiasm is the most vital trait you can ever have, because if you do not enjoy working with them, how on earth will you be able to develo your skills, and your thinking? You don't just have enthusiasm, but a very positibve attitude as well.

every knowledge has its degree of importance, be it securing a server or using css
I am very glad you recognise that, after all when it comes to computers NO topic is too small.

Let me have the honour and privilege in welcoming you to the boards. I hope your stay here is a long and productive one, and that you will hone your skills. I have an extensive collection of ebooks, on a variety of different topics, so please just lemme know if I can help in any way possible.

Welcome to suck-o nice to meet you! :D

uid0

Post by uid0 »

Oh my.....

I think that's the most warm welcome I've seen in years, needless to say that the honor is mine for receiving it :)

Pretty good point about enthusiasm, I can't be more agree with you on that, in the end, that's the engine of any learning process right?

As for the language, we talk spanish :P and yes, no topic is small if you have the right vision about it.

And of course.... thanks for the ebooks offering I'll keep it in mind, if I could ask for one I'll do it right now, sadly, I lost my adsl not long ago and all that I've know is the grps' cellphone connection which is a poor dial-up ~52 kb speed :c ahh...but just wait untill I get my adsl back :P

Again, thank you very much for your words, your welcome is really appreciated =)

Regards

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

welcome to the site man! :)