I need some directions

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
Rebellion

I need some directions

Post by Rebellion »

Hi, i'm new to this site and i would like someone to help me with beginners stuff like basics of hacking, i don't mean how to hack, just which programs i need, some useful tutorials and links, someone who understand linux (ubuntu), and most of all someone who is willing to help...the thing is i am willing to learn and i need someone who knows more than i do, so i could ask him stuff i don't understand.

Which programing language is my best choice? (C++?)

And also i am interested in spyware, if someone could teach me the basics of that...

thnx

Pm me if you want to help.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Welcome to the site Rebellion!

Well the area of "hacking" is to wide to explain in just one post (would need the whole internet for that). But yeah, learning a programming language will get you were you want, since programming covers a pretty large area of hacking in the end.

C++ is a great choice (learning it myself), but if you want to get into computer security you will have to learn a lot more then just a programming language. You will have to read up on the most common services today and learn how to use them, and then learn the disadvantages of them and their vulnerabilities.

Examples are:

SQL databases
Apache servers
FTP
SSH
PHP
ASP
DNS
DHCP

... well you get the picture ^^

Hard to tell you what to learn first. But I think I can give you some advice that will get you started.

First of all, buy a really good book about C++, I recommend THIS one (using it myself). Then you can use that small list I just wrote, and read the basics about those services, and then maybe try to setup your own little server at home, and play around with them =)

Well, hope this will get you started :D if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask (before you ask any further questions though, I advice you to read our rules. They can be found in all of our boards here)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

G-Brain
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: I need some directions

Post by G-Brain »

Hacking isn't just running other people's programs. Running other people's programs is easy. Hacking is hard.

Hacking is using your knowledge to gain more knowledge.

Knowledge of programming is mandatory. It's the key to knowing what exactly is happening when you press a key on your keyboard, or when one of your favorite websites is suddenly being redirected to www.internetisseriousbusiness.com, or when your keystrokes are being logged, or when I press "Submit" after I finish this post.

Linux is popular amongst hackers because it's easy to understand. Every single thing you do, everything that happens can be understood if you know how to read the code. To read the code, you'd need to be a programmer (it would help).

Most of Linux is written in C and assembly, and most of the standard tools are written in C. Assembly and C are pretty hard, so I wouldn't recommend learning them first. Start with something easier, like Python (Tutorial).

Python is a scripting language. You write something, and the result is a script. The script can then be run using the Python interpreter. Everyone who wants to run your script, needs the Python interpreter. (Python interpreters are pretty standard on Unix systems (like Linux) nowadays, and they can be easily installed on Windows systems)

C is a compiled language. You write something, and the result is an executable. The executable can be run by your operating system, without the need of any interpreter, like with Python. (Again, C compilers are standard on Unix systems, but they're available for Windows too)

Spyware is just like a normal program, but hidden. To write spyware, you'd first write a normal program, maybe one that will just download a file to the C: drive and run it. Then you make it stealthy, so the user won't notice anything. There are all kinds of tricks available. Hiding a process from the task list is a good example.

Hacking is often done by exploiting vulnerabilities in certain software. We take advantage of the mistakes made by the programmers. Because of those mistakes some forums will let you promote yourself to administrator, some websites will let you see others members' passwords, some routers will let you change settings without a password, et cetera. We are out to find these mistakes, take advantage of them, and share them with other hackers.

Hacking isn't just breaking things, it's also making things. It's writing programs, making the computer work for you, automating mindnumbing tasks, automating the act of exploiting programs, or even writing programs. There's lots of interesting stuff you can do with programming. Start now.
I <3 MariaLara more than all of you

nightkid

Post by nightkid »

g-brain ftw....i think that little speech just made me cream :lol: well put.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/trenchcoatskrilla/biohazard.gif[/img]

Rebellion

Post by Rebellion »

Thnx G, you helped a lot :]

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Nice post G-Brain 8)
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

G-Brain quality post +1
good stuff

str33tl0rd

Post by str33tl0rd »

Hacking needs the skills and the brain.......and also more importantly the knowledge....if you don't have the knowledge you are FUCKED.......some thing which sometimes encountered as hacking....is:social engineering.......its a nice way of getting around people.....and one very BIG advise....everybody knows it here.........google is your friend....and a very good friend.
A fools mind is at the mercy of his tongue and a wise mans tongue is under the control of his mind.~ Imam Ali (A.S)

mickeyx

hey i would like to learn how to program in python

Post by mickeyx »

can someone plzz help me get started my os is windows vista, i tryed going to google. and i tryes some of the exampls but could not get it right for some resaon

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: hey i would like to learn how to program in python

Post by ayu »

mickeyx wrote:can someone plzz help me get started my os is windows vista, i tryed going to google. and i tryes some of the exampls but could not get it right for some resaon

Get what right?

Also, if this is not relevant to the topic, then please start a new one.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

solidsnake
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by solidsnake »

Hello there Rebellion. Welcome to suck-o.com.
So i am just a newbie here like you, and asking alot of questions already. But here is two things i found useful.

1- I started out with C when i completely knew nothing and i got terrified. So if you are going to start on C, take it easy. As they told you already it is a bit hard (for myself i found Python to be more practical or even Pascal but that is a bit too old now from what i hear)

2-

Code: Select all

http://rapidshare.com/files/127489321/.1000_hacking_tutorials_-_The_Best_of__2008_.rar
It is a bit tooooo long to be honest (i am still reading it myself) but there is a lot of useful stuff there for a newbie. Some of them go back to 1988 but some of them are good enough for today's technology.

Hope that helped out by any means....
Good Luck

*edited added code tags to the Link Maboroshi

cipher24

Re: I need some directions

Post by cipher24 »

Rebellion wrote:Hi, i'm new to this site and i would like someone to help me with beginners stuff like basics of hacking, i don't mean how to hack, just which programs i need, some useful tutorials and links, someone who understand linux (ubuntu), and most of all someone who is willing to help...the thing is i am willing to learn and i need someone who knows more than i do, so i could ask him stuff i don't understand.

Which programing language is my best choice? (C++?)

And also i am interested in spyware, if someone could teach me the basics of that...

thnx

Pm me if you want to help.
All depends on your defintion of hacking, and what you want to get out of it.

C++ is a good choice for being a middle level language. Having its Highs and Low levels of programming. And its been around for decades (makes it a reliable source)

Anyway it all depends on what programming you're interested in ? All programming languages are ''unique''

@ Spyware theres many different types of spyware.
Is it malware your refering to ? Like Keyloggers, trojans ETC...

You should go read my PDF I went over every basic, of hacking and programming, thats a need to know