Black book of hackers

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
3XTORTION
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by 3XTORTION »

l0ngb1t wrote:mmmm sound interesting
why don't you right a tutorial about such script it's very interesting topic
and useful also
ok now back to the topic
so what book u recommend to help beginners to get the hacking basic
I think this article gives u a very good overview of security/hacking Click Here

+u can google for hacking techniques :

-SQL Injection
-LFI/RFI
-XSS
-Cookie Poisoning
etc.

And these days The Interactive Disassembler, more commonly known as simply IDA is a must.If ur hacker and dont know nothing about Reverse-Engineering than ur still considered as weak

Yet again coding/scripting skills are needed (PHP,ASM,C++...)

Good Luck :wink:

Edit:If u want some decent ebooks,i recommend "Hacking Exposed Web Applications" and "Hacking The Art Of Exploitation"

Note: Stay away from "Hacking for dummies"

l0ngb1t

Post by l0ngb1t »

3XTORTION wrote:Note: Stay away from "Hacking for dummies"
loooooooooooool i was gonna ask abt it in fact i have it but didn't read it yet
but i taked a fast look on some articles and they r simple u can't find any deep details or basic stuff i think a good book should explain the basic and contain some step by step guide but it have to be explained deeply so we can understand what we are doing and why are doing it...
and i think it's hard to find such stuff :(

3XTORTION

Post by 3XTORTION »

No,It aint hard at all.All depends of how much you read and how much ur knowledge-hungry.

Just follow the simple steps listed above :D And remember if others have done it than u can do it :wink:

Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Post by Kirk »

Read anything by Kevin Mitnick. Although he wont give details on how to hack, his books are excellent reads. I really enjoyed "the art of intrusion". I also like hackin9 and 4200. Both are magazines you can pick up at Borders. Sometimes you can glean a diamond from PC World and MaxPC.

3XTORTION

Post by 3XTORTION »

I dont think Kevin Mitnick is a gd hacker, now some ppl make him a god but he only used social engineering to break into companies like motorolla.And doesnt make u a hacker at all 8O

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, Mitnick was brilliant in SE and in the analysis of weak spots, and in technical aspects he was also very skilled...at least in his time. nowadays things are a little different, simply compare Win95 with Windows 7 or the latest Linux distros....but the SE aspect haven't changed much, people even became more stupid I think... :lol:

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

bad_brain wrote:but the SE aspect haven't changed much, people even became more stupid I think... :lol:
hehe. well im sure of this bad brain, such ppl where easy preys for my keylogger :lol:
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

first off - Hacking is Hacking. I know we can piss and moan about the definition of hacking. To me, to circumvent policies and procedures - in any genius way - is hacking the system.

I know hacking involves code, electronics, and how those things work. But mapping the 'big picture' of how companies work, how their employees work, what policies they have to follow, what procedures they use - if you can break that, its the same as breaking an OS to me.

If you think hacking is just about a computer and a network, you are limiting your abilities. Your hacking personality can be used on cars, women, getting money, and surviving mcgyver-style anywhere, anytime.

Second of all - read anything and everything you can get your hands on. Don't let someone discourage you from reading a book (unless its a really bad fuckin book, like a Windows owner's guide). I read everything I could get my hands on. Shit that you can't understand, mark it, and put it aside, later enlightenment will hit you and you go back to it.

The ONLY thing you don't want to read are WRONG NFO, skiddie sites can give you incomplete, wrong, or outdated material. Video tutorials may seem so cool and elite-o, but they leave a lot to assume. Books are good for learning the concepts and basic groundwork - but I have always thought that by the time it makes it to print, its a bit outdated.
After you build a library of books, you'll build a Link List of internet links to portals that provide more current NFO. Websites are better than books because they are more uptodate, revised or tweaked. The problem with websites, they don't seem to have the same 'weight' of information as books do. Websites condense their information to speed up page downloading, or watch server space. If you are lucky, you'll get a PDF or e-book. The website is used to supplement the book study, it can't replace it.

My question to you all is this :
The fact that you were not born at the beginning of the computer and internet age, you may not have studied the basics, or the beginings of software and networks. Jumping in mid-stream, I believe you are at a disadavantage. I also believe, if the Legal agencies get their way, hacking tuts and forums will be illegal in the future, sp new hackers 10 - 15 years from now, will not have the resources you have today.

How can you compare old school with a new school hacker?

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Back in the day, when I was in a net caffe most of the day, reading on hacking articles, something stayed in my mind like tattooed:
"To become a good hacker it will take you years and years of education and practice."
I've simply accepted that fact and took my time. You should too.
Just keep on reading books, articles, tutorials even if they are the "hacking for dummies" type. You'll learn a little something everywhere.
Even if you read a 2000 pages book on hacking, you'll sure as hell won't know 10% of it!
My advice to you is: keep on reading, searching, investigating, trying out new stuff, practicing and in a few years you'll be good ;)
And, of course, NEVER scan suck-o! :twisted: