New Members - Why Pick Suck-o as your Guide

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

New Members - Why Pick Suck-o as your Guide

Post by DNR »

I recently had to make another round through other hacker forums. I have been online for a long time and I can tell you from experience that not all forums are alike. Most of them are just people that want the notorious aura of being a hacker clan, or to be cool by association. They will spend more time on crafting a graphical site that looks neat, picking out an avatar that looks so cool, and spend days thinking of a coolassed hacker-nick. But they all fail when it comes to actually building the framework to BE a hacker. I could list names of the sites here, but like always, the names will go offline as they violate webhost/ISP TOS, or get in trouble playing 13370 haxor.

Hacking is not crashing servers, and defacing them. Hacking is not stealing CC# or user pass. Hacking is not abusing the internet. Hacking is not being a menence to digital society.

Hacking is understanding the core of how computers and networks work. You are not a genius because you can cut and paste a commandline or URL code. You become genius because you can speak how a packet is created, a connection made, how the packet is sent down the wire, arrives at your target, and why the computer will handle its instruction.
Hacking is the boring stuff, reading programming codes, building and setting up desktops and servers, one after another, patching, designing policies and procedures for backup, security, and rights administration.

You are not going to get your dick sucked, while someone forces you at gunpoint to hack the NSA db like in the movie SwordFish.

If you choose to become a hacker you will be able to get boring jobs like Network Tech, sysadmin, DB manager, with cool, boring titles like CISSP, MCSE, CISCO cert, Linux Cert, whatever.

It is not Ethics, whitehat vs blackhat, it is just reality. Computers and Networks are real - they are consistent, and information about them is freely available. The stuff fake hacker forums promise, is a ghost - you will build a hacker aura based on script cut and paste, guilt by association, and even plain old misinformation. Thats called being a poser.

Welcome to suck-o, and the long, never ending journey to becoming a 'professional' hacker. Here, we'll teach you coding, setting up computers and network devices, discuss OS, NOS, and apps, and maybe some geek off-topic talk.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

gr8 as usual, keep up the good work DNR 8)
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

3XTORTION
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: New Members - Why Pick Suck-o as your Guide

Post by 3XTORTION »

Totally agree 12 year old kids shouldnt run hacking websites but i dont think working in the computer field is a boring job :roll:
DNR wrote:Here, we'll teach you coding..

DNR

Blah ! how come no one answered my bot question :evil: :?

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

:roll: that was geek sarcasm..which one of us wouldnt get a hard-on being the master sysadmin over a 1000 client network, with 200 perpherial network devices, and 40 servers?

perhaps restate your bot question in its appropriate thread?

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

3XTORTION

Post by 3XTORTION »

Link Here :wink:

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

If you choose to become a hacker you will be able to get boring jobs like Network Tech, sysadmin, DB manager, with cool, boring titles like CISSP, MCSE, CISCO cert, Linux Cert, whatever.
i don't think having any these positions is boring. i mean, for me being a Linux Cert. or sysadmin is so cool. when i meet people who have these titles i treat them as gods like in greek myths. isn't it cool knowing many things, having knowledge and wisdom in the same plane?

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

Wait... you mean... I'm not cool by association...

Shit...

Well...

Shit.

skip

Post by skip »

This is why i keep coming back on suck-o coz they talk precisely and professionally about things i care and its all free. :D
Image Image Image

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

I want to make an addative to this post, black hatting is a part of hacking, but it can not be done with just 1 day of skiddying, start at the basics...then its up to you to choose a path, weither its black white or grey it doesnt matter.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Well ethics does matter. If you choose to put all your study and effort to be a black hatter - thats like being an aspiring bank robber - its going to be sooner or later you are going to get caught by the police. So, the same kind of aspirations to be a criminal hacker is just pointless. Thats the reality. The hacking scene is not like it was pre-1990's Federal Laws - with catch-all laws like "unauthorized access to a computer or network" - you better be very careful how you act on the WWW.

Even more so with the public's misconception about hackers from movies and bad news press, you should hide your grey hat identity - employers I still feel want the virgin-paper tiger-never-did-anything-bad kind of person - they get scared if you know more than they do about security.

Ethics also matters in a forum like this - suck-o makes a stand to try to teach white hat ethics - we put up with DoS, Spam, and other lame shit from other 'hacker' forums - to stand for what real hackers are - just network techs, sysadmins, and people that think outside the box - people that 'live' in the digital realm. If we back down and favor 'marketing' or act black hat to obtain a few more members (and would you want these kinds of members?) then we are selling ourselves out.

BTW, make no mistake, I love computers, and I love being near a network - its like I can feel its alive - a living world just waiting behind a glass screen and inside a wire. I believe in the symbiotic relationship between man and machine..

DNR
-

hiper
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by hiper »

I like both black greey white hatting its up to you what you call it,
i deface systems every day but i give a note to the sysadmin with fixes and how he can preevent this attacks,.......... sry for the bad english........

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

DNR wrote:real hackers are - just network techs, sysadmins, and people that think outside the box - people that 'live' in the digital realm.
DNR
This could be pretty close to the perfect definition of a computer hacker.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

lol i never knew people thought sysadmins are cool, now i feel good :D

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

i think being an IT or any other computer related profession is cool knowing lots of stuff is better than knowing only shit.

. I believe in the symbiotic relationship between man and machine..
me too i believe this. machines need some lovin' too.
i deface systems every day but i give a note to the sysadmin with fixes and how he can preevent this attacks
this is not a bad thing its called security testing and it helps those ppl who develop sites.