Just wondering if This website is Harmful.

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
Losing_grip
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Just wondering if This website is Harmful.

Post by Losing_grip »

My default browser which is firefox is Stopping me from accesing this site

Code: Select all

http://www.ardamax.com/downloads/setup_akl.exe

It says, Report Attack Site!
This web site at www.ardamax.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

So just wondering if its safe or not.

Thanks in advance guys. :)

skip

Post by skip »

If the browser said so then dont, but if you are really curious about it. you can use google's cache to check whats inside the site, if google cached it. And it looks like you are DL'ing a keylogger. :D
Image Image Image

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Guys, this is simply the web nanny feature of the browser trying to keep people away from sites that have tools that COULD be used as malware. The site itself is safe - it is just the browser blacklisting hacker tools.

Proceed.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

All in all I would still be wary of downloading .exe files from any source except a trusted one.

I would recommend that if you do, execute it in a Virtual Machine to analyze for any unwanted connections and changes ;)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

McAfee site advisor labels suck-o.com as malicious too... :lol:
as long as you don't click on every link without thinking first or your browser it totally outdated it is safe to visit almost any site... :wink:

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

bad_brain wrote:McAfee site advisor labels suck-o.com as malicious too... :lol:
as long as you don't click on every link without thinking first or your browser it totally outdated it is safe to visit almost any site... :wink:
This is why I use no anti virus. :wink: Its a waste of processor resources. Hell I and others can make a virus / malicious code that would work a machine to death while your anti virus sits and acts like nothing is wrong.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

right....the only use I make of my AV is to scan files that you need to run "free apps"...*cough-cough-wink-wink* those files are often infected, but if you stay away from shady files from untrusted sources an AV is not really necessary imo...

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I also try to look at file size as well.

This is what I meant about internet censorship - right now your browsers/AV/firewall 'protects' you by warning you not to visit a website. Next, they will simply block it and not tell you anything.

I will only bootup a AVP(with updates!) to scan a file if I don't trust the source (or anyways).

This is also another reason to baseline your computer - so you can detect any anomalies before and after.

Lastly, if you set up your computer/network properly - Keep your important archived nfo separate from the HDD running the OS/browser. You can even physically separate your important data from 'active/dynamic' data thats running on your desktop. i.e. external storage/2nd HDD

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

raiever
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by raiever »

Also (i didnt read through all reply's so if its already here, then o well =D)
Try this site, www.mywot.com and see what it says about it!

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

lol Ravier, use another avatar please, this 1 is DAMN big XD
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]