Deleting windows

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
packrat

Deleting windows

Post by packrat »

Thank you all for your help with my last post. It was extreamly helpful and appreciated. I am now running ubuntu, but with ubuntu there came a new problem... Ram my computer is running so slow it can hardly be used. How can I delete windows off of system and free up memory???

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

A method was posted in your last thread, but no harm in reiterating me thinks, and also since you have Ubuntu installed already, gparted is great for deleting and resizing partitions.

A live version can be downloaded @

Code: Select all

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gparted/files/gparted-live-stable/
Lots of documentation is available for instruction @

Code: Select all

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/documentation.php
Hollar if you run into problems

packrat

Major problems

Post by packrat »

I am so lost. I can't set up the softwere for my wifi adapter in ubuntu... I have no Internet connection. Ahh What do I do!

mo2332
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by mo2332 »

Why not put the file on a flash drive and import it from another computer to yours?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

have a look here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WiFiHowTo

Linux is a lot about reading documentations, which might be annoying at the start, but this way you also learn a lot.... :wink:

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

bad_brain wrote:Linux is a lot about reading documentations, which might be annoying at the start, but this way you also learn a lot.... :wink:
True statement. Linux requires more work then windows, but that work pays off, and is totally worth it... sometimes it can be frustrating, but be patient, ask a lot of questions and you'll persevere =)

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

lilrofl wrote:
bad_brain wrote:Linux is a lot about reading documentations, which might be annoying at the start, but this way you also learn a lot.... :wink:
True statement. Linux requires more work then windows, but that work pays off, and is totally worth it... sometimes it can be frustrating, but be patient, ask a lot of questions and you'll persevere =)
definitely worth it!

packrat

re- wifi adapter

Post by packrat »

[img]linksys WUSB54GC wireless USB Adapter- this is the wifi adapter i am trying to use I have been searching guides/forums for HOURS trying to figure out how I can use it with ubuntu but i cant understand a word these guys are talking about. I am sorry to bother all of you more with my tedious problems, but you guys have been the most help so far. please help!

(edit) nvm I found the instructions on how to make it work.... this is way beyond me. I am just going to have to buy a an adapter that is supported by ubuntu as is.