MAJOR newb- need trojan help

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
marksman3four

MAJOR newb- need trojan help

Post by marksman3four »

i recently downloaded a trojan i believe was called optix, i am a major newb so my uncle agreed too let me put it on his compiter, but i cant connect too it.

like i said im a major newb, if anyone has any ideas what i did wrong please help.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, can be caused by your firewall or you uncle`s one (desktop firewall and/or router firewall if used), best ping your uncle´s box to see if a connection is possible...if yes it´s most likely the firewall.
also check if the trojan server is running by looking into task manager.
are your 2 computers in a LAN or do you want to connect through the internet? when connecting through the internet NEVER use the default port and make sure to set a password, else everbody could connect...
:wink:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

connectivity

Post by DNR »

I agree on the firewall issue. Disable the firewall on the target for the moment and try connecting, try pinging the target computer IP. This should be easy because you should already know the target's IP, right?

The default port for a trojan maybe blocked at the ISP level, nothing you can do but assign another port for the trojan to communicate on.

Try another trojan program, some are easy, some are poorly written, and not user friendly. Beware of trojans that will contact 'home' to give the code writer the IP of a newly infected computer. Reset the default password.

As soon as you get it up and running, start up the firewall and configure it to ignore the port you assigned to the RAT.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.