Weird ip or just me?

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Re: Weird ip or just me?

Post by DNR »

Nice, you scanned your router. Check the OS result again (i am impressed, nmap is not usually reliable on OS scans).

192.168.1.1 is typically the default IP for the wifi router, port 80 is open because thats the web admin page. If you paste that IP in your browser you should see your wifi admin page.

Do a deep scan on the router, see if you can find the TFTP port

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Polynomial
forum buddy
forum buddy

Re: Weird ip or just me?

Post by Polynomial »

Just a side note here: Not many routers support TFTP over wifi, and quite a few (especially older ones) don't support it over ethernet at all. One of my earlier 802.11b/g routers requires a patch cable to be plugged into its board in order to directly mess with the files on there. It still allows updates over the network, but only from trusted packages.

You can often find some ports around the 6300-9500 area that are used for UPnP/NAT-PMP. If you connect to them, you usually get an XML dump of the port forwarding info. In some cases there have been issues where detailed configuration settings and even wireless passwords were given out to anyone who connected to a certain port on some routers.