Bitcoin and mining in 2020

Infos, Mining, Trading
ayu
Staff
Staff

Bitcoin and mining in 2020

Post by ayu »

Been looking into cryptocurrencies again, cleaned up my wallets, made new backups yada yada. Also checked out the mining hardware now to see what's out there in case I want to get into it again at some point.

Antminer as usual seems to be on top with some pretty neat hardware. If not for the noise and extreme heat these puppies output I might have invested again. But alas my new apartment has no place where I would have been able to store such a machine :(.

https://shop.bitmain.com/product/detail ... ggFAx7066D
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Bitcoin and mining in 2020

Post by ph0bYx »

Is it worth getting this (or any hardware) for bitcoin mining these days? It seems to be far too expensive and not worth it.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

ph0bYx wrote:
19 Nov 2020, 06:02
Is it worth getting this (or any hardware) for bitcoin mining these days? It seems to be far too expensive and not worth it.
Well, hard to say. The huge cost of electricity, the extreme heat it generates, and the fact that it sounds like twelve horny vacuum cleaners make it hard to motivate getting. But from my experience every time I bought a miner and stopped mining I ALWAYS regretted not continuing since whatever I mined or could have mined would have been worth a fortune today. My current location makes mining impossible so I will have to wait until I can afford a house where maybe I can have one in a garage or something.

But, simple answer from me is don't do it for the sole purpose of investing and expecting a fortune back. Only play with this if you are ready to lose whatever money you put into it. I intend to buy a machine again (I've had 5 machines before, all sold now though) whenever I get the chance again.

Zlata02747393

Post by Zlata02747393 »

If you want to know is mining on a GTX 1050 Ti video card relevant in 2021 - I have a good article about it https://hashalot.io/blog/aktualen-li-ma ... x-1050-ti/

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Zlata02747393 wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 09:35
If you want to know is mining on a GTX 1050 Ti video card relevant in 2021 - I have a good article about it https://hashalot.io/blog/aktualen-li-ma ... x-1050-ti/
I'll let this one slide as well for now. My spam senses are tingeling wildly with your content. Please remember that we want english content on this forum. And please don't just come here to post links to what I assume is your blog.

martirosyan

Post by martirosyan »

Wow looks impressive. I am also thinking about joining the cryptocurrency trading sphere and therefore I am thinking about buying a mining farm for bitcoin. I am also interested in forex index trading, but it seems to me that the future is for cryptocurrency trading, I have heard that there has been a lot of change in cryptocurrency mining now. many of them can no longer be mined using video cards . is this about bitcoin? I'm just afraid of losing my money by buying something that won't be useful to me in the future. I heard that it's not so profitable to mine now, but it's easier to start trading. do you agree with this statement? I would really like to get the advice from an experienced trader and miner of cryptocurrencies.
Last edited by martirosyan on 07 Nov 2022, 04:45, edited 1 time in total.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Unless you are stealing electricity from the national grid, at the prices of energy at the moment the answer has to be no.

I also removed the link from your post. We do not allow links in posts until you are a trusted member.
P.S Welcome to Suck-o *thumb*
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com