Loyal Member Asking for Help.

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
Jake5050

Loyal Member Asking for Help.

Post by Jake5050 »

Hello Guys,

I have been a member with Suck-O along time And I love the community and its Size.

Basically my problem is , I have a V bulletin 3.8.5 I am trying to gain access to some members on it , I know admins see the log in data from forum members right? I would like to use something different then a Perl CMD exploit. I would like to brute-force it but It logs you out after 5 incorrect log ins.

I do know there is a V bulletin 4.1 Out so a 3.8.5 V bulletin shouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to gain some passwords of some users. I am not trying to deface or ruin the site,I just want this sensitive login data.

What do my buddies at suck-o suggest?

Thanks

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Re: Loyal Member Asking for Help.

Post by DNR »

Well - a lurker comes to life - what ever it takes.

Get FTP access to the site or investigate its FTP port.

You been here since 2007, what do you have for us?

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Jake5050

Post by Jake5050 »

Hey man,

As you can see I haven't posted much haha, but I have definitely put in a good word for you guys as a very high intellect community.

FTP 21 is always open, Heres some usefull info:

gator1026.hostgator.com
Port FTP 21 open & OS= Pure-FTPd
Port 110 Pop3 email & OS=Dovecot
-------------------------------------\\\
SQL DATA:

3306/tcp open mysql MySQL 5.1.52

| mysql-info: Protocol: 10

| Version: 5.1.52

| Thread ID: 3725483

| Some Capabilities: Long Passwords, Connect with DB, Compress, ODBC, Transactions, Secure Connection
| Status: Autocommit
|_Salt: v7LWOh>=SmJiQ:n<}$90

Network Distance: 10 hops
TCP Sequence Prediction: Difficulty=207 (Good luck!)
IP ID Sequence Generation: Incremental

Hope that helps, I am very new at http type stuff, I notice you say port 21 which interests me because people usually say SQL or Phishing,

What do you think I should do?

Is there any program tools that could Sniff or scan the port,maybe find out some interesting data?

Let me know,

Thanks

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

work it for a few days - I am off working elsewhere and will check in with your reults.
Remember most FTP will not lock you out with failed logins. Use proxies while scanning, read up on FTP and directory traversal

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Jake5050

Post by Jake5050 »

DNR wrote:work it for a few days - I am off working elsewhere and will check in with your reults.
Remember most FTP will not lock you out with failed logins. Use proxies while scanning, read up on FTP and directory traversal

DNR

Ive been researching both FTP and Directory and its interesting.

Do you have a SKYPE?

Your amazing I wanna learn from you,

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Hostgator is a pretty large hosting company, so I doubt they will have that many easy vulnerabilities.
You wont find any public exploits for the services running there, and bruteforcing the FTP account will light up their logs like a Christmas tree.

My bet would be to find a vulnerable site on the same server, and hope that the server is not updated for a while, giving you a larger chance to find a public local privilege escalation exploit.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"