Wordpress fun with amateur admins >.<

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Wordpress fun with amateur admins >.<

Post by bad_brain »

I have a customer which pays me on an hourly rate for giving her support with her Wordpress site....the "tech people" she worked together yet are very unreliable, and now I had the hilarious opportunity to experience that they are also highly IT illiterate.

a day ago she (the customer) asked me if we can move everything (domain and site) to me, and because I was quite sure it'll be a pain in the rear to get database- and ftp-access from the "server admin" I decided to try some Wordpress plugins (I have backend access to her site) which are supposed to create site backups.

it took a while to find one that worked with the strange server config (time-outs everywhere, even when downloading the backup file, direct ftp transfer to my server worked then for some odd reason), and during the process of testing plugins I also tried one that acts like a web ftp client. not knowing what the full path to the site is I simply entered / as path, assuming it'll default me to the vhost root then.....but it didn't:

yes, full root access, read/write/everything....priceless... :lol:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: Wordpress fun with amateur admins >.<

Post by ayu »

#-o
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

scatter
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: Wordpress fun with amateur admins >.<