wifi pineapple

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

wifi pineapple

Post by Kirk »

Does anyone here have any experience with the wifi pineapple?

http://hakshop.myshopify.com/collection ... t=81044992

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: wifi pineapple

Post by ayu »

hmm, we have one at the office, but my experience with it is very limited.
Is there anything in particular that you want to know?
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Post by Kirk »

im not real sure at this time. i was asking for future reference. seems pretty straight forward. one of the coolest features on it is now obsolete (wpa craking with reaver). there is the mdk3 script to run with it but its still hit or miss. so i plan on using it mainly for the mana feature on it, some ssl stripping, mitm attacks, etc.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Well I wouldn't say Reaver is obsolete though.
Loads of home routers still aren't updated, and some are still shipped with the vulnerability.
So you could still play around with that :P (I do ; ))

Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Post by Kirk »

i want to get better at cracking a handshake. its easy enough to get the cap file to it. im going to start playing with porting a real time (on the fly) dictionary list to attack it. if that makes sense. i hear jack the ripper is good to use. there was another one but its been years now. hashcat? crap, tomorrow is my day for linux learning so ill probably test it on my router.

** what do you guys think of crunch to create passwords? And do you find using pre-made dictionaries better or feeding on the fly words better?

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Kirk wrote:i want to get better at cracking a handshake. its easy enough to get the cap file to it. im going to start playing with porting a real time (on the fly) dictionary list to attack it. if that makes sense. i hear jack the ripper is good to use. there was another one but its been years now. hashcat? crap, tomorrow is my day for linux learning so ill probably test it on my router.

** what do you guys think of crunch to create passwords? And do you find using pre-made dictionaries better or feeding on the fly words better?
I use oclHashcat for my cracking needs.

Never tried crunch, I just make my own passphrases or the built in generator in keepassx :)
I usually start with dictionaries and then if that fails I brute force up to a certain length depending on the algorithm used.