IP of the Chat Room

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
Broken Angel
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

IP of the Chat Room

Post by Broken Angel »

I was browsing through the Beginners Section of a Forum and there was a Question that "How to get the IP of the Chat Room and then Crash it"

Well this is not thing I would like to know and also if I grab the IP of 1 person in the said Chat Room can I boot the Chat Room altogether???

I'll be coming up with these random questions more often... :? :?
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: IP of the Chat Room

Post by bad_brain »

depends on what kind of "chat room". usually you can not grab user IPs from a room because all connections go through a central server first (so you only see that IP)....what worked back in the days (on Yahoo IM for example) was to initiate a private message session and see if that connections is made directly....and/or start a file transfer and then check, either via netstat command or by using a tool like TCPview.

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

Hmmmm.... yes this might work... where the fuck is by mind lol... ranks BB... ill ping you in PM if I find any more issues with the same...

-Broken Angel

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

I remember a chat service called powwow where each persons private IP was part of their user profile. This kinda evened the playing field between those that could find an IP, and those that could not.

Today, I'd have to say that you need to get your target to initiate a direct communication with you (which is what I think b_b was saying).

A few methods that come to mind would be to social engineer them to want a file you have or want to give you a file that they have and then. You host that file with WOOF for easy pick up or use DROOPY for easy delivery; either way grabbing an IP address would be a simple matter of searching you log files.
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

lilrofl wrote:Today, I'd have to say that you need to get your target to initiate a direct communication with you (which is what I think b_b was saying).
nooo...what I meant was...oh, wait...that was exactly what I meant. :lol:

and yes, the most likely easiest and most efficient way is the combination of a link ("hey, check my pic, I uploaded it to xxxxxx") with a website (or any other kind of service) where you have log access...then you can do it really comfy even in a mail for example.

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

bad_brain wrote:
lilrofl wrote:Today, I'd have to say that you need to get your target to initiate a direct communication with you (which is what I think b_b was saying).
nooo...what I meant was...oh, wait...that was exactly what I meant. :lol:

and yes, the most likely easiest and most efficient way is the combination of a link ("hey, check my pic, I uploaded it to xxxxxx") with a website (or any other kind of service) where you have log access...then you can do it really comfy even in a mail for example.

But then again I won't be able to Grab the IP of the ChatRoom itself right.. I will be grabbing whatever IP that User is using and mostly these days TOR is the place where any TOM, DICK and HARRY would like to be before going online :(

-Broken Angel

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

Broken Angel wrote: But then again I won't be able to Grab the IP of the ChatRoom itself right.. I will be grabbing whatever IP that User is using and mostly these days TOR is the place where any TOM, DICK and HARRY would like to be before going online :(
I suppose at that point you're going to have to define what kind of chatroom we are talking about. IRC for example doesn't have a separate IP address per chatroom, so you would leverage your attack against the IP address you used to connect.
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

lilrofl wrote:
Broken Angel wrote: But then again I won't be able to Grab the IP of the ChatRoom itself right.. I will be grabbing whatever IP that User is using and mostly these days TOR is the place where any TOM, DICK and HARRY would like to be before going online :(
I suppose at that point you're going to have to define what kind of chatroom we are talking about. IRC for example doesn't have a separate IP address per chatroom, so you would leverage your attack against the IP address you used to connect.

Hmmm... I think I will get back to the same issue when I have a specific ChatRoom in my mind... I was just wondering if that was possible with some online ChatRoom places... I don't know any random place would do... again just to know how it is done... Don't have a target or such in my mind... just want to know.... :-({|=

-Broken Angel

clearmushroom
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by clearmushroom »

Broken Angel wrote:I was browsing through the Beginners Section of a Forum and there was a Question that "How to get the IP of the Chat Room and then Crash it"

Well this is not thing I would like to know and also if I grab the IP of 1 person in the said Chat Room can I boot the Chat Room altogether???

I don't want to bombard you with a wall of text, but I also don't want you to miss any information. So, what I will do is I will sum this up as best I can, but you will have to satisfy any questions you have about it on your own.

An Internet Protocol address (IP address) is an address a, 4 decimals, numerical label which is consists of 32 bits. e.g. 192.168.0.1 (the binary equivalent being: 11000000.10101000.00000000.00000001)
The label is tagged on to a device within a network, that uses Internet Protocol for communication between devices. This label, the IP address, is used to locate where the device is on the network, and it also allows you to identify which device it is. i.e. a printer has 192.168.0.2, while a client/pc has 192.7.0.3
Now, the people do connect to the chatrooms with their IP, but as lilrofl, and b_b, have stated the services provide a masking of their IP address through their client to server connection. In other words, while the server (which has its own IP) is sending you data their IP is not used, but while they're sending, to the said server, data it IS being used. (kind of like this You --Some IP-- Server --Their IP--Them)
Hope this helps you in understanding what is happening with the IP addresses, and what they are.
(09:53:37 AM) hd: eppikk you're a fucking hipster

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

clearmushroom wrote:
Broken Angel wrote:I was browsing through the Beginners Section of a Forum and there was a Question that "How to get the IP of the Chat Room and then Crash it"

I don't want to bombard you with a wall of text, but I also don't want you to miss any information. So, what I will do is I will sum this up as best I can, but you will have to satisfy any questions you have about it on your own.

An Internet Protocol address (IP address) is an address a, 4 decimals, numerical label which is consists of 32 bits. e.g. 192.168.0.1 (the binary equivalent being: 11000000.10101000.00000000.00000001)
The label is tagged on to a device within a network, that uses Internet Protocol for communication between devices. This label, the IP address, is used to locate where the device is on the network, and it also allows you to identify which device it is. i.e. a printer has 192.168.0.2, while a client/pc has 192.7.0.3
Now, the people do connect to the chatrooms with their IP, but as lilrofl, and b_b, have stated the services provide a masking of their IP address through their client to server connection. In other words, while the server (which has its own IP) is sending you data their IP is not used, but while they're sending, to the said server, data it IS being used. (kind of like this You --Some IP-- Server --Their IP--Them)
Hope this helps you in understanding what is happening with the IP addresses, and what they are.

Vey very thank your for stating this... makes me more to the point...

the part where you said that

Code: Select all

Server 
in your Flow Chart is where I was interested... basically if I can get the IP of the said Server I get the IP for all the chat rooms then???

-Broken Angel

Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Post by Kirk »

youll never find their IP address. the server uses NAT to tag their IP to it. its how all networks work. you connect to your router with your internal IP and your router uses NAT to remove your internal IP with your external IP. the server will do the same thing i would imagine. one the info gets to the server it will change out the IP address for theirs. the only way i can think of getting it is to send them something to see if you get a direct connection or that has a RAT in it to call you back.

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

Kirk wrote:youll never find their IP address. the server uses NAT to tag their IP to it. its how all networks work. you connect to your router with your internal IP and your router uses NAT to remove your internal IP with your external IP. the server will do the same thing i would imagine. one the info gets to the server it will change out the IP address for theirs. the only way i can think of getting it is to send them something to see if you get a direct connection or that has a RAT in it to call you back.
So basically I have nothing to do other than RAT my target and get my things done and info that I need...

COol... this was amazing...

-Broken Angel