The best computer (or hacking) books to read

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
Dr-Chambers
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

The best computer (or hacking) books to read

Post by Dr-Chambers »

Occasionally, browsing suck-o has revealed some interesting books to read. But there is no mention of the best hacking books. Ones that you all have truly read and it made an impact, and really taught you a lot.

What computer books did you start with? The more computerised society gets, the clearer it is becoming that the individuals with computer and technology know-how are needed. You should feel blessed to be so knowledgeable.

So what would you say is your best book(s) on computer that you've read?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: The best computer (or hacking) books to read

Post by bad_brain »

there are no real hacking books imo....at least the ones I had the doubtful pleasure to get my hands on were all total rubbish.
it's the best to understand how things work first, and for that I can highly recommend this one: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1912516.Linux" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
it's not "just" about Linux, it also gives a lot of info on hardware for example....no need to get the latest edition, with a little searching you can surely find an older edition for just a few bucks.
also any books for preparing on LPIC are worth a look.

;)

Dr-Chambers

Re: The best computer (or hacking) books to read

Post by Dr-Chambers »

bad_brain wrote:there are no real hacking books imo....at least the ones I had the doubtful pleasure to get my hands on were all total rubbish.
it's the best to understand how things work first, and for that I can highly recommend this one: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1912516.Linux" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
it's not "just" about Linux, it also gives a lot of info on hardware for example....no need to get the latest edition, with a little searching you can surely find an older edition for just a few bucks.
also any books for preparing on LPIC are worth a look.

;)
Thank you Bad_Brain.