AVOID WORK/SCHOOL PROXY

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
d10b
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

AVOID WORK/SCHOOL PROXY

Post by d10b »

I almost fell out of my chair when this worked...

I've tried 10s of proxy sites which eventually get blocked... I was roaming around darknet.org.uk when I found this little jewel.

You can enter the IP of the site you want to go to into a place like dnsstuff.com and get the decimal address. There's a little window on the bottom of the page. Then enter the decimal IP into the address bar on your browser and VIOLA! Right through that proxy!

P.S. You can use ping to get the IP from the URL address. :twisted:
``The true voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes``

sternbildchen

Post by sternbildchen »

There's a little window on the bottom of the page.
On which page? I can't find it. :?

d10b

Post by d10b »

Last box... bottom right... Decimal IPs right above the seperator line above all the text.
``The true voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes``

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

bypass web nanny

Post by DNR »

What you are saying is you bypassed the web monitor at school/work by using the website IP address, rather than the domain name.

I tried that at my job and it is properly configured to block IPs as well, probably because the software does DNS look-ups on IPs while yours is turned off.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

d10b

Re: bypass web nanny

Post by d10b »

DNR wrote:What you are saying is you bypassed the web monitor at school/work by using the website IP address, rather than the domain name.
DNR
Yes but not using the normal 127.0.0.1 style IP. There's a decimal and hex IP address you can translate the normal IP to. The proxy detects the normal IP. You have to convert it to one of the other forms.

suck-o.com's IP is 88.80.197.29
but the decimal IP is 1481688349
hex IP 0A16212C

These sites will help you convert the IP.
http://www.kloth.net/services/iplocate.php
http://dnsstuff.com

I think you have to put a 0x in front of the hex IP to use that in your browser address bar though.