About hacking!

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
Teodor
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

About hacking!

Post by Teodor »

now i got a question : "is hacking illegal? " (hacking-meaning loggers, trojans, brecking sistems ,blabla etc) let's discuss about this.-->some opinions please.

mrmike

Post by mrmike »

:D hmm good question, first of all what is hacking? is a trojan the same like going into a system?i dont think so...
but to answer your question:
yeah trojans and keylogger are illegal,when the victim dont no that you send him one. when you steal something: ilegal
hmm and hacking(log in to another system) when you only trick out the security system and you can help to make something more secure it isnt illegal i think,any other way,i think its ilegal
thats only my opinion =)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/Vlady/48265b8wj96xhce.gif[/img]

PLeXroD

Post by PLeXroD »

hmm im not sure, but i dont think this line of thread is not surposed to be in this area...

may be in the 'hackin/wardriving'... but anyways why dont you make a poll instead of? then you really can see what peoples opinion is about the subject...

and yes my opinion to the subject is :

yes it is illegal to hack no matter what.. it is illegal to make trojans, viruses, worms, sneaking in backdoors others computer with out them ever knowing, etc. i dont care hackers get lost man... i hate hacker, exploiterz, etc.. nothing personal, but get another hobby.. i think that security people is the way forward.. its much more fun and you get a lot more positive reactions to it and you dont have to erase you tracks and it is more safer..

i think that the word 'hacker' gives me a bad taste in my mouth.. it makes me angry..
-Never try to be uncommon, instead of that only realize it's you that is common...-

-In grater common sence Linux is better than MS Windows-

-Never try to hack platform, instead of that, only make security and teach other to do that to-

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

i don't think making trojans, worms keyloggers etc is ilegal ;/ using them is though
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Teodor

Post by Teodor »

but if u say it is illegal, or should i say fully illegal, then why are so much that do this, that bypass the security measures of PC, and get access to them. And here i don't mean only at the ones that can breack NASA, CIA and other big shits, i'm talking about the ones that enter in friends PC's, too. I really appreciate this who can, and would like to know how to do that.

Btw can some of the staff join this topic, and explain to us :) ?THank yoU

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Teodor wrote:but if u say it is illegal, or should i say fully illegal, then why are so much that do this, that bypass the security measures of PC, and get access to them. And here i don't mean only at the ones that can breack NASA, CIA and other big shits, i'm talking about the ones that enter in friends PC's, too. I really appreciate this who can, and would like to know how to do that.

k, we could sum it up a little :/

Writing trojans, worms blabla etc isn't ilegal. But using them on other computers then your own would be breaking an entrance, therfor it would be ilegal. People do it for many reasons, like money, learning, ev0lnes, just because they can, religious reasons, just being an arse...and so on.

Teodor

Post by Teodor »

i don't know what to say... this is knowledge man.why should it be stopped? as long as the person that hack (breacks) a server ain't taking any money, just showing that he can, why should it be ?a thief can be stopped to enter your home,and punished,but u can't stop knowledge...cause u catch 1,2,3,10 hackers, but the knowledge goes one...

mrmike

Post by mrmike »

neo130 wrote:
Teodor wrote:but if u say it is illegal, or should i say fully illegal, then why are so much that do this, that bypass the security measures of PC, and get access to them. And here i don't mean only at the ones that can breack NASA, CIA and other big shits, i'm talking about the ones that enter in friends PC's, too. I really appreciate this who can, and would like to know how to do that.

k, we could sum it up a little :/

Writing trojans, worms blabla etc isn't ilegal. But using them on other computers then your own would be breaking an entrance, therfor it would be ilegal. People do it for many reasons, like money, learning, ev0lnes, just because they can, religious reasons, just being an arse...and so on.
yeah you say it correctly, it has no "really" reason, maybe they wana be other or just for learning...

mrmike

Post by mrmike »

Teodor wrote:i don't know what to say... this is knowledge man.why should it be stopped? as long as the person that hack (breacks) a server ain't taking any money, just showing that he can, why should it be ?a thief can be stopped to enter your home,and punished,but u can't stop knowledge...cause u catch 1,2,3,10 hackers, but the knowledge goes one...
yeahh man thats it!!!! i had fucking long time to learn how to crack a homepage,but i dont use it,you know,i just want the knowlege, i luv it to say i can do it, but its a long way to say, i can.. so what is bad when you can hack in someones computer? it can help the victim in many ways..

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

mrmike wrote:
Teodor wrote:i don't know what to say... this is knowledge man.why should it be stopped? as long as the person that hack (breacks) a server ain't taking any money, just showing that he can, why should it be ?a thief can be stopped to enter your home,and punished,but u can't stop knowledge...cause u catch 1,2,3,10 hackers, but the knowledge goes one...
yeahh man thats it!!!! i had fucking long time to learn how to crack a homepage,but i dont use it,you know,i just want the knowlege, i luv it to say i can do it, but its a long way to say, i can.. so what is bad when you can hack in someones computer? it can help the victim in many ways..

Well in my opinion you can't really just learn how to crack something you need to know everything around involving it. For example if i want to write a worm in C++....i can't just learn how to make the worm....i would have to study C++ and learn just about everything there is to know, to make a worm worthy of the name that is.

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

neo130 wrote:Well in my opinion you can't really just learn how to crack something you need to know everything around involving it. For example if i want to write a worm in C++....i can't just learn how to make the worm....i would have to study C++ and learn just about everything there is to know, to make a worm worthy of the name that is.
I think the same way ! :D
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Re: About hacking!

Post by FrankB »

Teodor wrote:now i got a question : "is hacking illegal? " (hacking-meaning loggers, trojans, brecking sistems ,blabla etc) let's discuss about this.-->some opinions please.
I don't let the Law have a blend on my morals and certainly not on my ethics, I lend on common sense for the first and on education for the latter.
If 'hacking' in any way it can be interpreted is illegal somewhere, then *somewhere* has a problem with me.

Men of all kinds make software, some make it for free, some make it for a fee and some try to make real money out of it. Well, that's fine to me but never, and i say *never* will I allow some money-sharks to have me downloaded a piece of software on my machine that pretends to make my life easier, as a service or a so-called product, open source or proprietary, and on which i cannot get a grip on. That will not happen - even if i take years to crack the software.
Privacy, proprietary and company secret ENDS when the software is on my computer. Well, at the job, that's something different but that's also their problem.
For the moneymaker kinds, if they want me to buy their shit, well let them put it in a store, i will buy it in a store where a real vendor can earn something by selling a product ... but Internet is NOT a commerce zone
( with exception for services like registrars, Amazon, travel-booking and the sortelike).
You put your software in a download section on the Internet ? Well, sorry dude but that's Public Domain and if it ends on my computer it is MINE !

Another reaon why I never obey to an EULA is that you NEVER get the support you eventually pay for, so you better crack the thing, modify it to your personal use and publish bugfixes on another webite : you might help hundreds of people who dully payed for something crappy like, well like CuteFTP and almost ALL software ever written for Windows.

Some exceptions ;
- Spybot Search & Dsestroy : because Patrick, the maker was so kind to answer my emails ; i put a 20euro donation on his project.
- GENERATOR - the author was so kind to study my bug reports and to enlighten me why certain features where not implemented, he showed me some nice Perl hints for FREE also !
- DynDns.org : same shit : it's free and their support is always very complete.
All the rest can just dream about my registration until they answer my fucking emails or provide some REAL help.

All tht "legal/illegal" hackershit activities is not new at all, just see the public and very versatile www.gnu.org and the Free Software Foundation.
PS: this thread belongs to the debate section.

PLeXroD

Post by PLeXroD »

hmm ever wondered why i hate hackerz so much?... because they ruin everything..

example: the other day i was try to lock in to my computer when it stopped half way through the loggon process.. that has never happended before.. i tryied everything to get it going again and i couldn't do a thing! (it was before i got linux..) then i pulled the internet connection off and then i could loggin to my computer and i saw that the hacker had remote deleted everything i had on my harddisk... i needed to re-install xp and all the software i had on it..

i dont mind when its for educational purposes and for your own use.. just dont do it on other peoples computers before letting them know of what you are doing..
-Never try to be uncommon, instead of that only realize it's you that is common...-

-In grater common sence Linux is better than MS Windows-

-Never try to hack platform, instead of that, only make security and teach other to do that to-

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

PLeXroD wrote:hmm ever wondered why i hate hackerz so much?... because they ruin everything..

example: the other day i was try to lock in to my computer when it stopped half way through the loggon process.. that has never happended before.. i tryied everything to get it going again and i couldn't do a thing! (it was before i got linux..) then i pulled the internet connection off and then i could loggin to my computer and i saw that the hacker had remote deleted everything i had on my harddisk... i needed to re-install xp and all the software i had on it..

i dont mind when its for educational purposes and for your own use.. just dont do it on other peoples computers before letting them know of what you are doing..
If someone had deleted everything so that you had to reinstall XP.....how could you login? :|

FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Post by FrankB »

PLeXroD wrote: i dont mind when its for educational purposes and for your own use.. just dont do it on other peoples computers before letting them know of what you are doing..
I can agree with your anger.
But can you name me at least one software company that tells you exactly what their product installed on your computer and also tells you exactly what happened when it crashed the last time ?
I don't think so..

Plus, if you have personal data on a computer that is wired to the internet, well just protect that data, I don't live with all windows open and my bank-cards on the doorstep available to anybody either

If you wire your computer to the internet, that means you make it available to others : you connect your computer to an interconnected network, private data or not.