keylogger removal

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
2pac4eva7

keylogger removal

Post by 2pac4eva7 »

Im 99% percent sure that my dad has a keylogger in his computer. How can he get it off? He has tried spybot but it cant find anything, and everytime he changes his password they always know the new one. Any suggestions?

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Try kaspersky

Code: Select all

http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/
They offer a free 30 days trial.
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

jasonxxx102
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by jasonxxx102 »

Check all installed programs if the spyware scan didnt pick it up it was probably somthing someone accidently installed something and it contained a backdoor keylogger or trojan what you should do is look at your programs and anything that you dont recognize you should uninstall if that doesnt work check Task Manager and look for programs that have all Uppercase letter and numbers DONT EVER END SYSTEM OR LOCAL SERVICE TASKS IT WILL FUCK YOUR COMPUTER. hope my advice helped

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, is someone having physical access to the system to read the keylogger logs? if not the data must be retrieved remotely, this means there must be outgoing connections. to check the connections I recommend to use TCPview from our downloads, also check the firewall settings.
keyloggers can often hide their processes, but make sure to check them in taskmanager...if no suspicious process shows up there check the auto-start entries in start->run->msconfig.

and yes, a full system scan with a good AV is also highly recommended, as Nerdz wrote, Kaspersky is a very good one...best get the full internet security package because it also includes a very good firewall (set the firewall to "training mode", it'll inform you about any outgoing connection attempt then).

:wink:

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

And you might want to give us an HijackThis log.
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.